GT350.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find any Michelin tires in Florida for my GT350 2018. I'm considering to run it squared with the original wheels/rims...Any suggestions on what to use? Nittos? Cooper? Pirelli? MT?

Can we use the Nitto's in 305 all around....maybe even 315 all around without spacers?

Thanks for any help,

G

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just FYI.. solved the problem by going square on 305 Nittos... the only tire we could find around Miami

·
Registered
9 Posts
My local tire shop just got my Michelin Super Sport tires in so I can save the Cup 2 for track days. Maybe a shipment has just arrived.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went with the Nitto’s. Plenty of tread for the rain and streets. LMR has a wheel n tire bundle, great price and come mounted and balanced. Fronts are 275’s x 305. Spoke with Ford Corp, my dealership, and tech at LMR. The tires work really nice and the 275’s reduce the tramlining!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just had Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires mounted on my 2019 . Same Y speed rating as the Sport Cup 2, but with a little more all season type tread. 30k tread warranty, the Sport Cup 2 tires were down to 2/32" with only 4400 miles, with no track time or aggressive driving. They came in both the 305 and 295 sizes, fit the same as Sport Cup 2. I may lose a tad of all out racing performance, but I have put it through a few paces, didn't feel very much difference from the Sport Cup 2 tires. A little better price too. Discount Tire ordered them for me, had them on in 3 days.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just had Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires mounted on my 2019 . Same Y speed rating as the Sport Cup 2, but with a little more all season type tread. 30k tread warranty, the Sport Cup 2 tires were down to 2/32" with only 4400 miles, with no track time or aggressive driving. They came in both the 305 and 295 sizes, fit the same as Sport Cup 2. I may lose a tad of all out racing performance, but I have put it through a few paces, didn't feel very much difference from the Sport Cup 2 tires. A little better price too. Discount Tire ordered them for me, had them on in 3 days.
You are right Michelin dose make 295 and 305 but they don't make the 305 35 19 they only make 305 30 19.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts