Mustang GT350 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

My name is Patrick and I live in the Netherlands. Currently the owner of a 2013 Boss302 in race red. For a while now I've been in love with the GT350 and started looking for one.

But, my country, has insane policies and taxes om importing cars, specially with high output of air polution. Sorry not an native English speaker. For example, a used gt350 is for sale in my country for over 130.000 dollars. That's insane!

But there's a loophole. If you have a car with a certain amount of damage, you can get the taxes almost completely removed. You then off course have to fix the car, but that's what I am looking for, a project.

So my question to you all is, if you have of know a GT350 that comes close to what I am looking for, please let me know.

I am also looking into Copart. If you know any other places for me to look, please let me know.

Thank you!

Patrick

·
Registered
2019 GT350 Shadow Black/White Stripes
6 Posts
What's considered a certain amount of damage? If your car here is significantly damaged, the isurance company will declare it a total loss. And when they pay out to you, it's now theoretically owned by the insurance company, and sent to the salvage yard. Not sure is we'd be able to legally sell it at that point.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's considered a certain amount of damage? If your car here is significantly damaged, the isurance company will declare it a total loss. And when they pay out to you, it's now theoretically owned by the insurance company, and sent to the salvage yard. Not sure is we'd be able to legally sell it at that point.
Can understand what you are saying. Since I don't live in the US, I was kinda looking if there are other sites to find them other then copart.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Unless things have changed, a person might be able to buy a recently wrecked GT350 from the insurance company.

It's been a while, but in 1990, my wife was T-boned on the right by a red-light runner. Everyone was OK, but our 1983 Audi GT was totaled. I found and bought another virtually identical '83 Audi GT - in part to prove its value. The other driver's Dairyland Insurance was trying to lowball the payout by offering only $3500. I paid $6100 for the new (to me) Audi. After seeing my contract, Dairyland paid me $6100 less the $300 that I paid them for the wreck. The three remaining good wheels alone were worth $100 each.

Did you know that '83 Audis and Porsches share many internal body parts? After stripping what I could use or sell, I gave the chassis to a fellow Autocrosser for his 911 restoration.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unless things have changed, a person might be able to buy a recently wrecked GT350 from the insurance company.

It's been a while, but in 1990, my wife was T-boned on the right by a red-light runner. Everyone was OK, but our 1983 Audi GT was totaled. I found and bought another virtually identical '83 Audi GT - in part to prove its value. The other driver's Dairyland Insurance was trying to lowball the payout by offering only $3500. I paid $6100 for the new (to me) Audi. After seeing my contract, Dairyland paid me $6100 less the $300 that I paid them for the wreck. The three remaining good wheels alone were worth $100 each.

Did you know that '83 Audis and Porsches share many internal body parts? After stripping what I could use or sell, I gave the chassis to a fellow Autocrosser for his 911 restoration.
Oh wow! Insurance companies......
Do you know how I could find a recently wrecked gt350? Cause only site I know now is copart and some other sites through Google didn't have any gt350.

Hope you can help me out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think you're on the right track. I suggest you continue what you are doing - put the word out on forums and other social media where GT350 owners hang-out and make it known what you are looking for. Be tenacious & patient while you wait for the inevitable. You'll need to be in the right place at the right time, but it helps in you're frequently in a lot of places. When a GT350 wreck occurs, the owner may contact you with an opportunity.

For starters, in addition to this forum, I'd post on the TrackMustangsOnline and Mustang6G forums. There are other Mustang sites, Facebook forums and I'm sure other venues that I don't currently use. Good Luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think you're on the right track. I suggest you continue what you are doing - put the word out on forums and other social media where GT350 owners hang-out and make it known what you are looking for. Be tenacious & patient while you wait for the inevitable. You'll need to be in the right place at the right time, but it helps in you're frequently in a lot of places. When a GT350 wreck occurs, the owner may contact you with an opportunity.

For starters, in addition to this forum, I'd post on the TrackMustangsOnline and Mustang6G forums. There are other Mustang sites, Facebook forums and I'm sure other venues that I don't currently use. Good Luck!
Thank you soo much Papa for all the tips. I am gonna make good work of it. I am looking at copart a lot of times a day, but will get myself on GT350 FB pages aswell.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey everybody,

My name is Patrick and I live in the Netherlands. Currently the owner of a 2013 Boss302 in race red. For a while now I've been in love with the GT350 and started looking for one.

But, my country, has insane policies and taxes om importing cars, specially with high output of air polution. Sorry not an native English speaker. For example, a used gt350 is for sale in my country for over 130.000 dollars. That's insane!

But there's a loophole. If you have a car with a certain amount of damage, you can get the taxes almost completely removed. You then off course have to fix the car, but that's what I am looking for, a project.

So my question to you all is, if you have of know a GT350 that comes close to what I am looking for, please let me know.

I am also looking into Copart. If you know any other places for me to look, please let me know.

Thank you!

Patrick
There is a web site much like Copart that is called IAAI that auction damaged vehicles that insurance companies sell , They have 9 GT350 listed as of April 29. FYI the 2017 model year have magna ride and a rear differential cooling as standard equipment the 2015, 2016 requires the track pack option for these items. I have also read that the 2019, 2020 model year have the same engine block as the current 2020 GT500, which means that the engine block is designed for extra boost .
Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is a web site much like Copart that is called IAAI that auction damaged vehicles that insurance companies sell , They have 9 GT350 listed as of April 29. FYI the 2017 model year have magna ride and a rear differential cooling as standard equipment the 2015, 2016 requires the track pack option for these items. I have also read that the 2019, 2020 model year have the same engine block as the current 2020 GT500, which means that the engine block is designed for extra boost .
Good luck.
Thank you soo much for all this information. Gonna look at it right away! And I saw something about the track pack but didn't read up on it yet, so thank you for that aswell.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My car might fit what you're looking for. I wasn't able to PM since I just registered, but it's 2017 with full service history. PM me if you're interested.

David

1 - 10 of 10 Posts