Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I recently purchased a used 2018 Shelby GT350 with 17k miles. I’ve put about 250 miles on the car since I bought it and its been awesome. However, I was on my way to get an oil change today at my local Ford dealership when the car displayed a wrench warning light, accompanied by a message to check the owners manual. Luckily I was 5 minutes from dealership when this happened. Shortly after that light popped up, I got another warning message that said “hill assist not available”… Has anyone seen this before? After restarting the car, the light went away.

If anyone has any similar experiences or ideas, please reach out and let me know. Car is at dealership now, haven’t heard anything yet.

Brown Automotive design Personal luxury car Car Font

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hard to analyze the lurching without knowing more like speed, and rpm at the time. Might've been perfectly normal if you were going too slow, or too low rpm in those gears. I know when I first got mine, I had to get used to the fact of shifting at 3-4K+ rpm, instead of the 1200-1500 in the average car.
Appreciate the reply! In 5th I believe I was going roughly 65-70 MPH at the time. I’ll make sure to pay closer attention to that next time I drive the car, agree I could just be in low RPMs.

That issue didn’t concern me as much as the wrench warning light and hill assist error messages. Hoping dealership has good news for me tomorrow, can’t wait to be back on the road enjoying it and its only been one day haha.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just heard from dealership. Turns out previous owner had this issue taken care of 5k miles ago before I bought it. I can’t remember the exact TSB but will make sure to check with dealership. Sounds like since they can’t reproduce it now, they wont be doing anything. They also can’t change my oil because filters are on backorder with no ETA. Not happy with the outcome here but will keep updating this thread if new info comes in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
UPDATE: Got car from dealer today, they did nothing for me. On my way home, the wrench light popped up after about 15 minutes. Then, the "hill start not available" warning message came on shortly after. Car felt okay to drive but I did feel some weird behavior with third gear. It felt like the car was almost trying to rev match 3rd gear randomly, didn't happen every time. This time after restarting car, error message wont go away and it was failing to startup without holding down the start button for extended period of time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did they even take the car out for a test drive? Would've turned around, and went right back to dealer to show them the light being on.
Well they only put 4 miles on the car, so they barely test drove it. I honestly do not trust them with my car anymore, I need to find someone else who is knowledgeable with these vehicles. Going to keep it in the garage until I find someone reputable. Really bummed out, this car is so fun but I’m praying I’m not stuck with a problematic one. I love this spec and waited long time to purchase this car, hope it all works out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts