Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Regarding the windshield performance shift light display, when setting an rpm, is that supposed to a illuminate redline series of dots when reaching that rpm? I've tried setting an rpm and all I see are the orange dotted lights. When scrolling back to rpm screen, it's always back to the default setting (3000?), even if I'm pressing OK. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
73 Posts
No the lights are all orange there are no red lights. If you have it set to shift light mode (track) and have it set for a particular RPM the lights will start from the left and right most outer edge and meet in the middle when you reach the desired RPM.

Here is a video [video=youtube;z1iQOhX8E3o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1iQOhX8E3o[/video]

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe mine is set in Tach setting and orange lights move from left to right with no apparent relationship to rpm setting.

·
Registered
179 Posts
In Track mode, the lights will not start to display until 2500 RPM from the set point. I find that the Track setting is the easiest to read and respond to, once set it should hold the setting.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Tach setting is just that, it goes up as your rpms go up. The rpm setting has zero effect when you are in Tach mode.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yeah, I'll be switching it to meet in the middle mode cause it is a lot easier to know when to shift as opposed to counting how many orange lights you see.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for that info. Sounds like track mode is the way to go. Since lights increase as rpm increases on tach mode, I assumed they would turn red when approaching 8250 or preset rpm.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks for that info. Sounds like track mode is the way to go. Since lights increase as rpm increases on tach mode, I assumed they would turn red when approaching 8250 or preset rpm.
I thought the same thing when i first turned mine on and was a little disappointed.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I thought that in any mode, when the car hits your set shift rpm it would flash at you and beep at you if you have the shift tone enabled. I've always had mine set at 8000 RPM so I've never really paid attention to it at those kind of RPMs.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I noticed also that in tach mode it's useless. Doesn't even seem to correspond to tach readings in any useful way.

On the street in sport mode, what are the tach HUD options?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts