Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GT350 Velocity Blue
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've changed my 2020 Gt350 to BMR handling springs giving me higher rates front & rear.
Will the stiffer springs affect the swing/spoiler downforce in the rear and in turn the front aero?

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT350
33 Posts
I've changed my 2020 Gt350 to BMR handling springs giving me higher rates front & rear.
Will the stiffer springs affect the swing/spoiler downforce in the rear and in turn the front aero?
You can probably call Ford performance they may be able to answer your questions. I have called them on several occasions with my other mustangs. Also BMR should be able to tell you what you want to know since it's their product. I always use Steeda or eibach. But I strictly use Steeda now and probably going to be installing steeda magna ride lower springs. I had them on my 2019 Bullitt and it road nicely.
Steeda has answered numerous technical questions.

·
Registered
2020 GT350 Velocity Blue
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had the first track day with the new setup yesterday, BMR handling/lowering springs, front sway bar, wider sqaure setup and the Watson 4-pt.
Much firmer solid feeling with the car even over the OEM setup.
It was a smaller track, 2mi, felt really good.
I was wondering how the change would effect the aero with the stiffer springs in the back since its essentially running the "R" setup with the base swing.

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT350
33 Posts
Had the first track day with the new setup yesterday, BMR handling/lowering springs, front sway bar, wider sqaure setup and the Watson 4-pt.
Much firmer solid feeling with the car even over the OEM setup.
It was a smaller track, 2mi, felt really good.
I was wondering how the change would effect the aero with the stiffer springs in the back since its essentially running the "R" setup with the base swing.
Seems you covered all your bases must felt awesome

·
Registered
74 Posts
What is a "base swing"?

Also, you want more air going over the top of your car, so any lower is better not only for COG but for aero. I am always leary of a company who runs a stiffer spring in the rear. You want the rear end to squat when you get on the power, and a stiffer spring does the exact opposite, along with a bigger bar. I will add, there is a reason Ford Performance, with its massive R&D budget, went softer on the FP rear springs (~30%), and a bunch stiffer in the front, along with a bigger bar.

I have been working with an IMSA suspension guy, and he has provided a lot of useful info. If you are really interested in racing/tracking your GT350, go over to M6G, or TMO. The guys there are a wealth of information. Lots of folks doing lots of different things to their cars and reporting their results.

Be warned. You will find out the FPC is not meant for hardcore race duty. Lots of discussions of cracked cranks, including the guys who cracked them. But the positive, if you don't increase your NVH, the problem is almost non-existent.

Good luck and enjoy the track time!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts