Mustang GT350 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad to join here! My last project was a SuperCharged Adrenalin -

On this 2018 GT350, the Whipple was Super Easy Install, starting sounds weird because of the Cam Bleed Off but runs like a champ -

Now the hard part - Dismantling the Power Heated/Cooled Seats and putting the insides in the GT350R Recaros - I saw a thread on this and the upholstery shop thinks it will be a chore but easy -

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
I thought the strut brace would not clear the supercharger. Did you have to use a spacer to make it fit? How does it now clear the hood?

thanks Jack

·
Registered
130 Posts
Glad to join here! My last project was a SuperCharged Adrenalin -

On this 2018 GT350, the Whipple was Super Easy Install, starting sounds weird because of the Cam Bleed Off but runs like a champ -

Now the hard part - Dismantling the Power Heated/Cooled Seats and putting the insides in the GT350R Recaros - I saw a thread on this and the upholstery shop thinks it will be a chore but easy -
it looks great but I had the same question about the strut brace. how did it clear?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Buying the kit from Whipple came with 1.3-inch drop motor mounts and that cleared - the brace was tight but a 5mm spacer on the back stud and a 7mm spacer on the front allows for 10mm of the blower to brace clearance plus 10mm of the brace to hood insulation clearance. Snug but the mounts don't allow for any flex.

·
Registered
20 Posts
When I put my 2.9 Whipple they didn’t have the modified motor mounts, we had to fabricate my mounts. Wasn’t able at the time to keep the tower brace either. I prefer it not on due to the fact I painted my supercharger Ford Shelby Blue, but you’re right w/o resonaters you can hear me a 1/2 mile away, sounds real “sick” at 850hp at the crank. 😎

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks Bad Ass - I just picked up two sets of wheels today wheels1.jpg

Now, I have the look I wanted with the power i desired

Waiting for the R Recaro's to get back from the shop for adding - Heated - Cooled - Lumbar - Power

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it depends on your dealer relationship - they get paid to do the work and they get paid to sell you the car so the right dealer is critical on doing anything like this. Technically you are on your own - add a blower, your nav breaks, the wrong dealer gets you denied across the USA - the right dealer fixes the Nav and gets paid to do it - it all about relationships.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey all- new to the forum but did some searching and it seems the folks who added the Whipple were mixed on doing other mods to the engine internals. I have a 2019 GT350 and considering adding a supercharger. Is it recommended to upgrade the internals (rods, seals, etc) before adding the whipple or are our engines strong enough to add it with conservative usage? Thanks for any thoughts!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did the Watson cage and the Steeda IRS upgrade plus upgraded the clutch and full heated and cooled Recaro with dual power - no internal changes - made by own strut tower spacers - it’s a beast to drive - my SVR is funner because I crossed that line of stupid fast with the Shelby

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did the Watson cage and the Steeda IRS upgrade plus upgraded the clutch and full heated and cooled Recaro with dual power - no internal changes - made by own strut tower spacers - it’s a beast to drive - my SVR is funner because I crossed that line of stupid fast with the Shelby

Beautiful set up you have. Considering doing the heated/cooled swap at some point. Glad to see it can be done relatively painlessly.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
With labor - I would budget $10,000 and 2 days down unless you go to a Whipple Install Shop, then $15,000 - $20,000

Whipple does an amazing job with a Turn Key product - get the lowered motor mounts and you can do it all yourself with a little patience

·
Registered
23 Posts
Does the addition of the super charger shorten the life expectancy of the vehicle by a significant margin? I am a bit concerned that I may need to get the engine rebuilt or replaced before hitting 100k mark.

I was hoping this engine will in stock mode last 100k+

Thank you

·
Registered
15 Posts
It appears the Whipple GT350 product is no longer listed on their site. Has anyone else been able to view/order it? Might just be something on my end. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It appears the Whipple GT350 product is no longer listed on their site. Has anyone else been able to view/order it? Might just be something on my end. Thanks.
That is because Whipple is converting over to the Gen 5 from the Gen 4. The price is going to go up 800-900 dollars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Buying the kit from Whipple came with 1.3-inch drop motor mounts and that cleared - the brace was tight but a 5mm spacer on the back stud and a 7mm spacer on the front allows for 10mm of the blower to brace clearance plus 10mm of the brace to hood insulation clearance. Snug but the mounts don't allow for any flex.
Hey YBLEHSGT350

Have you had any issues since with the strut tower brace since install. I had mine done at Brenspeed. They are sending me the parts back today. Did you attach the engine build plate back to the Whipple fuel rail or do something else with it? 67888838_2899761750039518_4352619561137209344_n.jpg

1 - 20 of 28 Posts