GT350.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GT350 was built on 3/08/16. This was good news,but as of today no delivery date has been scheduled. This seems like a long time to me. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
232 Posts
My GT350 was built on 3/08/16. This was good news,but as of today no delivery date has been scheduled. This seems like a long time to me. What do you guys think?
You're not alone Farmboy. Many others (on other forums) have complained about the same thing. Make sure you are able to track your delivery when it is released. Go through your dealer, Ford Performance or whomever and get the mode of transportation (truck aka convoy, rail) and the way to track it. I have heard both the truck and rail companies can help you track it once it ships but you gotta know the process - better to find out now than to wait and scramble. Also, check with FP or your dealer on any unusual things with your GT350 - some guys have had their cars be reported to be released for delivery only to find out they went back in for any number of things - paint, body panel fit....
Good Luck and let us know how you're making out.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Farmboy,
I got mine on the 9th of March. My dealer was able to tell me where it was in transit but couldn't give me a delivery date. I just showed up one day to get some parts for my 2009 Shelby GT 500 and they had just unloaded the car. Remind the dealer, that when they clean it for you, don't lift the wiper blades unless they are in mid position as they will hit the hood. Mine has a small chip that has to be repaired.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys for the help. Getting a little frustrated after over four months of waiting. Maybe it will be a 2017 model!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Remind the dealer, that when they clean it for you, don't lift the wiper blades unless they are in mid position as they will hit the hood. Mine has a small chip that has to be repaired.
Hadn't thought of looking there for that..thanks for the tip Mike.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Car ordered 12-30-15; car built 3-30-16; car sked for delivery by rail to Mira Loma CA rail yard 4-20-16. As of 4-18-16 nothing from the dealer--so???

·
Registered
51 Posts
GT350 tech. pkg.
ordered 1-12-2016, built 3-31-16 is on a train headed to Al. Last Thursday was coming through Kentucky. ETA is 4-25-16. Yeaaaa

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wonder what wrong with the ford factory. I ordered on the 6th of feb. after the dealer got a extra allocation and their was delivered to dealer on the 7th of April. It was a custom order too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Checked with Ford Performance today. He did not have a clue what was going on. Said he had not seen one set at the factory that long.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Checked with Ford Performance today. He did not have a clue what was going on. Said he had not seen one set at the factory that long.
Folks on other communities would argue they have been waiting longer...just to give some perspective. The wait is worth it! (BTW, my order date 6/11/15, delivery 12/10/15 - just in time for the first snow/salt, frost heaves...)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Folks on other communities would argue they have been waiting longer...just to give some perspective. The wait is worth it! (BTW, my order date 6/11/15, delivery 12/10/15 - just in time for the first snow/salt, frost heaves...)
Looks like I may have to wait a while longer. My dealer told me today that my car is at a lot, along with about 300 other ones, being held for a quality problem. They will not give an eta for the car. So I guess I wait a while longer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts