Mustang GT350 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

If this question has been posted already, sorry for posting again. Anyway, I'm looking for a dealer anyone in the NYC/Long Island area can recommend to take my car for maintenance. I'm trying to avoid the shenanigans that come with taking cars like this to certain dealers. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
2019 GT350 Shadow Black/White Stripes
6 Posts
I have 2 places.
The first is Levittown Ford. Though I have not actually gone there, I inquired and they said they are an authorized Ford Rousch and Shelby service center.
The other is Mazda of Valley Stream on Merrick rd. Yeah Mazda, but they are also a Ford service center for Ford of Queens blvd, where I bought my GT350. When I bought my 2019 last Dec, it was a leftover, and I insisted that they put in new oil. Plus the front splitter still had to be put on. The dealer told me the only mechanic they trust to work on these cars, is at their service center at Mazda in Valley Stream. So I went there to have it done. Spoke with the service manager Brian, and he told me he only has one mechanic work on these cars. Can't remember the name of the mechanic, maybe Bob? But I went there and had it done. I'm guessing he knew what he was doing, because I spoke with him, and he knew all about the proper way to change the oil and canister filter, and the torque requirements. And afterward, there wasn't a single drop of oil anywhere on the bottom of my car. I know of the stories of how the oil filter location causes oil to get everywhere.
So I trust them to do future maintenance on my car. Just have to speak with Brian, and let them know about your car.
And btw, if you do go there, do not pull into the lot off Merrick rd. It's a very steep driveway entrance, and you will damage your front splitter. There's a gated entrance off the back streets, that they had to open to let me leave through after my splitter was installed.

·
Registered
2019 GT350 Shadow Black/White Stripes
6 Posts
I have 2 places.
The first is Levittown Ford. Though I have not actually gone there, I inquired and they said they are an authorized Ford Rousch and Shelby service center.
The other is Mazda of Valley Stream on Merrick rd. Yeah Mazda, but they are also a Ford service center for Ford of Queens blvd, where I bought my GT350. When I bought my 2019 last Dec, it was a leftover, and I insisted that they put in new oil. Plus the front splitter still had to be put on. The dealer told me the only mechanic they trust to work on these cars, is at their service center at Mazda in Valley Stream. So I went there to have it done. Spoke with the service manager Brian, and he told me he only has one mechanic work on these cars. Can't remember the name of the mechanic, maybe Bob? But I went there and had it done. I'm guessing he knew what he was doing, because I spoke with him, and he knew all about the proper way to change the oil and canister filter, and the torque requirements. And afterward, there wasn't a single drop of oil anywhere on the bottom of my car. I know of the stories of how the oil filter location causes oil to get everywhere.
So I trust them to do future maintenance on my car. Just have to speak with Brian, and let them know about your car.
And btw, if you do go there, do not pull into the lot off Merrick rd. It's a very steep driveway entrance, and you will damage your front splitter. There's a gated entrance off the back streets, that they had to open to let me leave through after my splitter was installed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello All,

If this question has been posted already, sorry for posting again. Anyway, I'm looking for a dealer anyone in the NYC/Long Island area can recommend to take my car for maintenance. I'm trying to avoid the shenanigans that come with taking cars like this to certain dealers. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
I take mine to Salerno Duane in Summit, NJ. They're fortunate to have a Senior Master tech, named Keith, leading the Service department there and is a valuable source for maintenance and repairs. Good luck wherever you go!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts