GT350.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking To Purchase In November. Second week to be exact. Seems like the markups are about to be a thing of the past as well as several dealers within a 300 mile radius still have GT350s that have been up for sale for 2 months, and no buyers. Car Gurus is grear btw. Looks like I might just be able to get a sweet deal on a 2017 GT350 should some still be available while the 2018s are coming in.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Allocations havent been released yet ...... you prob wont see 18s until late fall early winter

don

·
Registered
43 Posts
Get ready for more insane dealer markups! I could be wrong but this sounds like this may be the final year for the gt 350.

·
Registered
15 Posts
In Vegas there are dealers marking them up $30k. I saw one for $100k. Stupid crazy. I live 2 hours north and was shopping for a 17 since I have a 67 coupe and it would be cool to have two cars 50 years apart. I found several and the dealers I found them at were being very stupid. claiming they had an MSPR of $69K and they were discounting it to $65k. this is for a 350 not the R.

So we ended up ordering an 18, Kona Blue no stripe car for under MSRP. Easy dealer to work with and I feel like I've done good.

IMO with the split production times they will weigh how well they are selling in between and adjust production accordingly. Yes the summer tires has something to do with it but we all know it is all about money.

wife and I are pretty excited and really having a hard time waiting.

Mel

·
Registered
262 Posts
In Vegas there are dealers marking them up $30k. I saw one for $100k. Stupid crazy. I live 2 hours north and was shopping for a 17 since I have a 67 coupe and it would be cool to have two cars 50 years apart. I found several and the dealers I found them at were being very stupid. claiming they had an MSPR of $69K and they were discounting it to $65k. this is for a 350 not the R.

So we ended up ordering an 18, Kona Blue no stripe car for under MSRP. Easy dealer to work with and I feel like I've done good.

IMO with the split production times they will weigh how well they are selling in between and adjust production accordingly. Yes the summer tires has something to do with it but we all know it is all about money.

wife and I are pretty excited and really having a hard time waiting.

Mel
You must be talking about Gaudin Ford. I don't understand how they could even sell one when there are numerous, and i mean numerous dealerships who are willing to part ways with the 350s at MSRPs. Some dealerships are going below with the 17s, you just have to research them. As far as looking at Gaudin Ford's inventory, I have no ideas how they could mark some of these vehicles over 100K when we can purchase them at 60K. Now if you are talking about the R, that is a different story. The lowest i've heard is 7500 over. Congrats on your decision not to give these gouging, greedy dealers your hard earn cash for nothing.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Get ready for more insane dealer markups! I could be wrong but this sounds like this may be the final year for the gt 350.
I was thinking the opposite. With the new model GT500 on the horizon and this is the 4th year in production for the 350s, i think the price will be at MSRPs or below. There are quite simply too many new 350s left sitting at the dealers' lots with no buyers in sight. Some of the 350s have been in inventory since August 2016 even though they are the 17. The addition of the 18 will only drive prices down for the 17 and dealers will have less leverage to insanely mark up the 18 models.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I was thinking the opposite. With the new model GT500 on the horizon and this is the 4th year in production for the 350s, i think the price will be at MSRPs or below. There are quite simply too many new 350s left sitting at the dealers' lots with no buyers in sight. Some of the 350s have been in inventory since August 2016 even though they are the 17. The addition of the 18 will only drive prices down for the 17 and dealers will have less leverage to insanely mark up the 18 models.
Could be right, I think what were seeing now is dealers saying they'll be at $10K ADM on the 18's - just to move the 17's...that's the story I got from 3 SoCal Ford dealers, as my original intent was to order a new 2018. I'm sure once they hit the lots and have been around a while, they be dealing...especially with the limited production schedule that Ford has planned for the 2018 GT350. When I mentioned the limited production schedule for the 2018 to one idiotic dealer he tried to say the 2018 would be worth more due to the limited production schedule for 2018, LOL!! These guys must think that average car buyer's are completely clueless...:)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Could be right, I think what were seeing now is dealers saying they'll be at $10K ADM on the 18's - just to move the 17's...that's the story I got from 3 SoCal Ford dealers, as my original intent was to order a new 2018. I'm sure once they hit the lots and have been around a while, they be dealing...especially with the limited production schedule that Ford has planned for the 2018 GT350. When I mentioned the limited production schedule for the 2018 to one idiotic dealer he tried to say the 2018 would be worth more due to the limited production schedule for 2018, LOL!! These guys must think that average car buyer's are completely clueless...:)
You said the key word, "SoCal Ford dealers." These guys just don't get it. I don't want to bad mouth them, but they gouge and gouge and still mark the 17s up even when I showed them several dealerships willing to part ways with MSRP and one went below MSRP. Finally, I got fed up and drove up to Selma (4 hours drive) to get mine. I don't know if they (the SoCal dealers) failed to realize customers looking for Shelbys have done extensive researches and not their average buyers who just walk into the lots and getting harassed/bombarded with nonsense. For the time being and unless thing change, which I don't for see in the immediate future, serious buyers will stay away from these ridiculous markups. I am guessing they are still in the mode of thinking this is the first year of limited production and everyone will pay their demands. Go to a small town where the population favors trucks, suvs, etc... and you will have a better chance to negotiate for these GT350s. I am starting to see MSRP are being sold all over the US now with some going below.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just ordered a '18 Kona Blue with White OTT stripe. It will be the only GT350 this dealer gets this year. Small town dealer and was able to buy considerably under MSRP. Just have to wait now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've delt with this dealer before so that probably helped. $61895 sticker for $60000. That still left him with a profit and the car won't sit on the showroom on a floor plan eating up money each month. It was their allocation for the year and I was able to change the color to Kona Blue with the convenience package ( I wanted leather and adjustable seats. Wasn't sure the Recaro's would be comfortable on a long drive.) White OTT stripe and full car cover.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got mine today...MSRP 2018 Lead Foot with the convenience package. Absolutely love the suede/leather seats as the Recaros just never felt good for me (personal preference) Love their look but needed to be comfortable. J0145 is now in the garage after a 215 mile drive back home. Helped me clock some "break-in" mileage.
GT350.jpg

·
Registered
59 Posts
Got mine today...MSRP 2018 Lead Foot with the convenience package. Absolutely love the suede/leather seats as the Recaros just never felt good for me (personal preference) Love their look but needed to be comfortable. J0145 is now in the garage after a 215 mile drive back home. Helped me clock some "break-in" mileage.
View attachment 4673
Congratulations, beautiful car! I feel exactly as you do re the convenience package, which is why my car has it too. Just a little over 600 miles on mine. I am following a fairly conservative break-in routine, vary RPM, no WOT, not too much engine braking (some of course!) and just brief touches to 5k RPM after 400 miles, now brief touches to 6000 RPM. I recommend you monitor oil levels fairly closely as oil usage seems all over the map for these engines. Recommend waiting between 15-20 minutes after shutting down before reading the dipstick, which is a real PITA to read.

FWIW, after looking at all these oil issues, it seems likely that the overwhelming number of our engines are just fine, and expected to use some oil - more depends on the driver, and not doing certain things. Also, my car came out of the showroom with 36 PSI cold, which is way too much for the Michelins - 32 PSI cold is a good start for the street. Make them too much lower than that, you will get increased tramlining.

This car is a blast - enjoy it!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Some 18's are out but the bulk are to be released in the spring .... Thats the news I heard from Ford

Congratulations on your purchase E3GT350, beautiful car

don

1 - 17 of 17 Posts