Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, after a 16 day wait for my 2017 GT350 to move from the "Awaiting Shipment" status to the "In Transit" status yesterday, as of tonight it's now back into "Awaiting Shipment" status again...whaaaaat??

Hoping this is a glitch in the system and not my delivery :)

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, learned today that my car is on a train that has broken down near Battle Creek, MI., so my cars scheduled delivery date is now unknown. Would think it will not be a long delay, but I'll share updates as they become available...

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Moving again, estimated delivery date has been kicked out to 10/12 - 10/20. Honestly, just happy to see it moving again :)

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whoo Hoo!! Pratt KS and closing :)

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats Getting close now
Yes Sir was on the New Mexico/Arizona border earlier this AM...can't wait, mods are piling up in garage already :)
- Red Line hood struts
- Ford Performance (blue) air filter
- JLT (passenger side) catch can
- GT 350 floor/trunk mats
- Rocker panel foam inserts to minimize rock chips
- Heat Shrink for shifter buzz and Dynamat for drivers foot well (amp mount buzz)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes Sir was on the New Mexico/Arizona border earlier this AM...can't wait, mods are piling up in garage already :)
- Red Line hood struts
- Ford Performance (blue) air filter
- JLT (passenger side) catch can
- GT 350 floor/trunk mats
- Rocker panel foam inserts to minimize rock chips
- Heat Shrink for shifter buzz and Dynamat for drivers foot well (amp mount buzz)
Add one of these to the top of your mod pile. https://www.mgwshifters.com/shifters/mustangs/139 Very worthwhile add.

Then top off with one of these: MUSTANG GT350 (2016+) - WC Lathe Werks | Truly Unique Shift Knobs, Proudly Hand-Crafted in The USA!
They are seriously beautiful crafted knobs...

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice, looks like quality and I have read where others have installed the mgw unit. I'll likely drive the GT350 for awhile and see how the stock shifter feels as during the test drive it felt much better than Mustangs shifters in the past. Thanks for the links!!

Add one of these to the top of your mod pile. https://www.mgwshifters.com/shifters/mustangs/139 Very worthwhile add.

Then top off with one of these: MUSTANG GT350 (2016+) - WC Lathe Werks | Truly Unique Shift Knobs, Proudly Hand-Crafted in The USA!
They are seriously beautiful crafted knobs...

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Almost forgot, my GT350 is so close I can smell it:) Arrived last night at the final rail destination (Mira Loma, CA) which is only a couple of hours from my dealership!! Still showing delivery date of 10/14 but may come sooner as my dealer has a priority delivery on it!! Excuse me while I clean up from peeing my pants :)

Whoo Hoo Shelby in the HOUSE :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
How does that compair to the Barton shifter Svtride???
Can't speak for a Barton Shifter..never had one.

This is my 3rd MGW..prior 2013 Boss 302, and 2014 GT500...they were all notable improvements. Most of all on the Boss with the LCC transmission and pot metal die cast shifter.

On the GT350, the MGW eliminates the EU reverse lock out sequence...I wish I could get rid of it on the RS.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Almost forgot, my GT350 is so close I can smell it:) Arrived last night at the final rail destination (Mira Loma, CA) which is only a couple of hours from my dealership!! Still showing delivery date of 10/14 but may come sooner as my dealer has a priority delivery on it!! Excuse me while I clean up from peeing my pants :)

Whoo Hoo Shelby in the HOUSE :)
Glad to read...post pics.
Try the line lock..it's hilarious. My neighbors thought my car was on fire...

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Unloaded, and assigned to a private transport carrier...can't be much longer now :)

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's just around the corner now
Thanks Voodu, I'm just sitting here numb now...can't believe its almost mine!! Dealer let me drive a black with white stripes when I purchased mine...I couldn't stop smiling for 3 hours...wicked good ride for sure :)

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You guys are likely to shoot me for this but...WHOO HOO I'm about to enter the SHELBY GT 350 world...sweetness..:)

My last Shelby was a 2007 GT 500 vert that I ordered and it was a magical beast...sweet ride but nothing like this GT 350:)

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Svtride, meant to ask does "On the GT350, the MGW eliminates the EU reverse lock out sequence" mean you no longer have to pull up to get into reverse? Hope that makes sense?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.