GT350.org banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hello, This is my 2017 Shelby GT350, Ruby Red. I picked her up at the end of May. 1600 miles later, I still grin ear to ear when I start it up in the mornings! I initially had my eyes set on a Metallic Grey, none in SA. I then saw a Black on Black, but for the price, i didn't like the manual seats, Recaro, it had. This is my third Mustang but first Shelby ever.

Previous Mustangs:
2002 Mustang GT
2010 Roush 427R (sold to my Son)

IMAG0789.jpg

·
Registered
757 Posts
DTorres31, I know I've probably said this before but your color combo looks outstanding!! I'm not a red guy but that shade is sweet!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello all, You can call me Chris! I own a 17 350 in A. Gray with Black Stripes.
Current Mods:
2.9L Gen 3 Whipple
E-85
AutoBlip
Stainless Works Headers
Corsa Double X Pipe and Mufflers
FP Short Shifter
Nitrous Blue Brembos
GT350R Front Splitter
FP Lowering Springs
Built and Tuned at Injected Engineering (Currently still being tuned)

·
Registered
757 Posts
Hello all, You can call me Chris! I own a 17 350 in A. Gray with Black Stripes.
Current Mods:
2.9L Gen 3 Whipple
E-85
AutoBlip
Stainless Works Headers
Corsa Double X Pipe and Mufflers
FP Short Shifter
Nitrous Blue Brembos
GT350R Front Splitter
FP Lowering Springs
Built and Tuned at Injected Engineering (Currently still being tuned)
WOW Chris welcome and awesome mods, VOODU 3 here and please do share how the mods are going!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey All, Swede here living in America. Northern VA. Love this car, had it for 2 days so far. Bought it used 6K on the clock. Traded my Focus RS for it. My Shelby is Base+track package. Best car i ever owned. Cheers All. Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 09.06.26.png

·
Registered
3 Posts
Shelbyneeds signing in from WI. Always had a Mustang in the garage. Just sold a '68 GT500 and '70 BOSS 302, off to Belgium. Still have in the garage a '67 Tiger, '70 GT350, 2013 BOSS 302 LS, 2016 GT350, and finally a 2017 GT350R. Probably going to sell the 2016 and Tiger as I just don't have the time to enjoy all of them. Previously had many BOSS 302's, Tigers, Mach 1, and time. Signed onto this site because a friend who is an engineer with Rolls Royce designing helicopter motors says our GT350 engine oil pump gears are not made of a good metal. Thus the engine failures for a few folks here. He is looking into the gears for me, however if anybody has any more info on that, please let me know. I have seen the other thread on the issue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
New member here. Purchased a new 2017 GT350 a little over a month ago and I absolutely love this car. I smile every time I drive it and the sound it makes is a symphony to my ears. Had a '14 GT500, which I traded in. I miss the power, a little bit, of the 500, but IMO it is not near the car the 350 is. My fist two cars were Mustangs, a '67 hatchback 6 banger that was unbelievably slow, then a '69 351 3 speed. I've been lurking for a few weeks and have learned some things from the posts. Just wanted to formally join and be able to post, not that there's much I can add. Living in West TX now, but will be retiring in a few months and will probably leave for the central TX area. Thanks!

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you're retiring to Central TX, it would be tough to beat Boerne or Kerrville to be near some fun roads, though there are some fun ones near Austin, too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey all, new GT350 owner (3000 mi). Bought the car for its unique nature and performance characteristics. Was intrigued by the Flat Plane Crank and have not been dissappointed!! Firstg time Pony Car owner. Previously owned SRT8. Just now starting to Not even close to this. Hoping to learn from the community as I proceed on my GT350 journey. Already pondering basic mods. Gotta do something about my Cloth Recaros! After 2-3 hours, left thigh/hip is killing me. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi....Just purchased a 2018 GT350 R 2 days ago...Lead Foot Grey...only had one afternoon to drive it until I left for work for 3 weeks! It was a tough decision between this and Porsche Cayman GTS but the character of the Shelby won me over.
Has anybody here had some experience with both cars....interested in others thoughts and experience with these cars.

I traded in my 2008 M6 and had 4 BMW's before this.....First car was a 69 Cougar.... Wednesday.jpg

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi....Just purchased a 2018 GT350 R 2 days ago...Lead Foot Grey...only had one afternoon to drive it until I left for work for 3 weeks! It was a tough decision between this and Porsche Cayman GTS but the character of the Shelby won me over.
Has anybody here had some experience with both cars....interested in others thoughts and experience with these cars.

I traded in my 2008 M6 and had 4 BMW's before this.....First car was a 69 Cougar.... View attachment 9649
I had the same debate brother. I’ve driven and have friends with the Porsche. The R money could have bought one but like you, in my mind, they didn’t compare. That and I believe the R will be a timeless collectible with fewer numbers than a Porsche.

·
Registered
28 Posts
GT350.org is the premier Ford Mustang GT350 Forum on the web. Our goal is to be the go to place for all 2016+ GT350/GT350R discussions.

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves, their current (and future) vehicles etc.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.
I just purchased my 5th mustang this one is a red GT 350 Thinking of a personal license plate. 200 MPH is available. Does anyone know, what is the top speed of at 350? I don't want to look stupid and over boast.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've had two 911 Porsches, both 997 C4S...a 2007 and a 2009. I traded the 2009 for the 2018 GT350. No regrets, I was a bit tired of the snooty Porsche community and their obsessive need to keep miles down and predictions of collectibility and future prices. They are great cars, no doubt but I don't see paying 200K or more for a GT3, GT3 RS, or a turbo S. Are they really 3 or 4 times better?, for me no..I just had the GT350 on Wv backroads on RT33 from Seneca Rocks to Buchanan, then RT 2/4 to Charleston WV. The GT did great and was just as much fun as the 911s were. If anything it was a bit more composed on sometimes rutty and broken pavement, given its extra size and weight.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello,

New to the forum. Sold my first generation Factory Five Cobra kit car. It was Viper GTS Blue with white stripes. The kit was fun to build and was impressed with the quality and performance. The donor car was an 89 GT 5.0. Looked at a used 2017 with low miles in the general area of where I live that was in great shape but I thought was over priced. After looking around on Cars.com, I located a new car around a 100 miles away. My son and I did a road trip to inspect the car and left a deposit. I will be picking up a new 2018 Lightening Blue/ white stripes, leather with car cover next week once the weather clears.

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, just wanted to introduce myself new to the site. I have a 2017 GT 350 White with blue stripes, I have had it for about a year and a half and love it. I live in the San Antonio TX area. Thanks Mario

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello GT350 Community!
My wife surprised me with this car...seriously, total surprise! I’ve had a 1965 Hi-Po Mustang, 1966 Mustang convertible, 1968 Mustang Hardtop, 1996 Nissan 300ZXTT, 1997 Viper GTS, 1999 C5 Vette, 2007 Mustang GT, 2010 GT500, and before I went on assignment to West Africa, a 2015 Mustang GT PP1 (which was actually my favorite of all Mustangs, including the live-axle GT500, except for the Viper).
Can’t wait to take delivery next week when I return to Texas!
CD7A70A8-B4AC-4C9C-9641-2BFFBFBF6C67.jpeg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys! New 2020 GT350R owner here!

I’m very excited to get to know it better as it’s my first ford, I’ve been a Porsche and M3 guy in the past. My first mod is to add rear seats so if someone wants to swap a rear delete kit for their rear seats, I’ll pay for the labor! Thanks to all!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great... Nice :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
New owner here from eastern PA

Gents,

New to the Mustang family here and what better way to jump in than with a 2020 GT350! Picked this up last week...was a special order but once the pandemic hit the buyer backed out, and I was happy to take it.

2020 GT350, Ford Performance Blue/Ebony sport seats with miko inserts, tech pkg, handling pkg, CF dash, painted black roof. Car is in right now getting the wheels and calipers ceramic coated and Xpel PPF applied to the hood, mirror caps, nose, fenders, and behind the front and rear wheels. I bought some Jaeger Bros. splash guards for the front wheels to keep the pebbles away. I've been behaving during the break-in period but man oh man I can already feel much this car loves to go. My previous fun car was a full bolt-on BMW 335i (N54) and that thing had some serious torque as it was dyno tuned for E85, but doesn't sound or look anything like this beast. Looking forward to learning a lot from all of you. Cheers!

drivers side on 8-9-20.jpg
GT350 pass side front offset 8-9-20.JPG

41 - 60 of 67 Posts