Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all! I wanted to share my experience buying my new (to me) GT350 last week. I have a friend who owns a luxury used car dealership here in Nashville called “Nashville Speed Shop” and he took amazing care of me! What he did was he took a 500$ deposit and he set out to help me find the perfect Shelby through Manheim’s Dealer auction website. We found 3 that fit my parameters (low miles, quality score of 4.0 or higher, and carfax one-owner). I told him I wanted to wait until we won one for $42k or less. We lost the first one when it went for 42.5k with 18k miles on the odo. Then another one came up with 8k on the odo but it sold for 45k at auction. Finally, last week, a white one came on the blocks with 11k miles and we STOLE it for 40,600 plus a 500$ Manheim fee. Adam (owner, Nashville Speed Shop) was amazing and so helpful. He didn’t let me raise my price because he knew we’d eventually get the right one. He also talked me out of a few that had sketchy histories and he always encouraged me to keep hunting and stay patient.

In the end, I got out the door for under 42k (plus taxes) on a beautiful 2016 Shelby. Pics to follow later this week!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey y’all! I wanted to share my experience buying my new (to me) GT350 last week. I have a friend who owns a luxury used car dealership here in Nashville called “Nashville Speed Shop” and he took amazing care of me! What he did was he took a 500$ deposit and he set out to help me find the perfect Shelby through Manheim’s Dealer auction website. We found 3 that fit my parameters (low miles, quality score of 4.0 or higher, and carfax one-owner). I told him I wanted to wait until we won one for $42k or less. We lost the first one when it went for 42.5k with 18k miles on the odo. Then another one came up with 8k on the odo but it sold for 45k at auction. Finally, last week, a white one came on the blocks with 11k miles and we STOLE it for 40,600 plus a 500$ Manheim fee. Adam (owner, Nashville Speed Shop) was amazing and so helpful. He didn’t let me raise my price because he knew we’d eventually get the right one. He also talked me out of a few that had sketchy histories and he always encouraged me to keep hunting and stay patient.

In the end, I got out the door for under 42k (plus taxes) on a beautiful 2016 Shelby. Pics to follow later this week!
Please be very careful with the auctions. My 2017 has been a nightmare. I am still fighting with Ford but ultimately it is being returned. It has had several issues mainly an undiagnosed engine noise. They can't figure out after almost 2 years. When the car goes back into their possession, they will transfer it out of state and put it to auction. It looks great and may seem fine but whoever buys it buys ????? I don't know. I'm going to go right back out and locate another one and hope to start over. Good luck to you with the auctions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts