Mustang GT350 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone actually getting 5-10K over sticker for a low mile used GT350? I see quite a few advertised on Car Gurus and Autotrader that are priced pretty high.
Just curious if they are actually getting that kind of money.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Reasons for GT350's to hold and even increase in value are clear. Given the well balanced package that the GT350 represents, especially the flat plane crank (FPL) engine's 8,250 rev capability and accompanying terrific sound, perception about the car is slowly moving into the real of an ultimate classic.

Other than the forthcoming Corvette Z06 FPL the end has arrived for high end, low volume, special engines. Plus of course the overall downward curve for combustion engines that we are now on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is anyone actually getting 5-10K over sticker for a low mile used GT350? I see quite a few advertised on Car Gurus and Autotrader that are priced pretty high.
I paid sticker for mine a month ago. On a 2017, with 3k miles. It's crazy right now. The values will go up until the chip shortage stops. But don't expect any meaningful appreciation for another 10-20 years.

I agree with tobacco, these cars will be an ultimate classic. Especially if you got an R.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I paid a couple of grand over the sticker price for my used (1800 miles) 2020. I was so bewitched by her, though, I didn't even notice until a month later.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Fantastic color. Had I not found a white with blue stripes, that is the color combo I would have gone with.
I like white, especially with blue stripes. Before I found this baby, I was considering ordering a white Mach 1.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I paid sticker for mine a month ago. On a 2017, with 3k miles. It's crazy right now. The values will go up until the chip shortage stops. But don't expect any meaningful appreciation for another 10-20 years.

I agree with tobacco, these cars will be an ultimate classic. Especially if you got an R.

There will be noticeable, if not reasonably significant appreciation in far, far less than 10-20 years. Given the GT350's "Ferrari" engine alone, minus a piece of the interest base with next year's C8 Z06 FPC engine, once the mental despair hits car people when it really sinks in that combustion engines overall are dead, much less any real combustion engine development, plus the no sound, no excitement everything with electric cars, certain performance car (oldish and newish) prices start to materially increase. Although I am 75 my "car resume" includes my 1969 Z28 (a Baldwin/Motion car), my 1967 Corvette black/black side pipe 435 hp roadster, my 1969 Corvette black/black side pipe L89 (aluminum head, and my attempt in 1972 to get a very close relative to buy a 1964 Cobra Daytona Coupe (designed by Pete Brock), which they refused and attributed to me being nuts (actually car crazy; plus I was at Le Mans in 1965), but could now be sold for $35 million. Never mind the two 1965 GT350's I currently own - #028, one of the first 35 cars, hand built in Venice prior to the remaining '65, '66, and '67 LAX cars; and which just appeared in the Amelia Island Concours last weekend, and #383, selected by Koni to be in their 2019 SEMS booth. Both judged Gold by SAAC and an opinion by Pete Brock that they are two of the very nicest GT350 restoration he has seen. Other cars I've predicted included Bizzarrini's, GT40's, late '60's hemi cars, etc. And, I've never been in any aspect of the car business.

·
Registered
23 Posts
There will be noticeable, if not reasonably significant appreciation in far, far less than 10-20 years. Given the GT350's "Ferrari" engine alone, minus a piece of the interest base with next year's C8 Z06 FPC engine, once the mental despair hits car people when it really sinks in that combustion engines overall are dead, much less any real combustion engine development, plus the no sound, no excitement everything with electric cars, certain performance car (oldish and newish) prices start to materially increase. Although I am 75 my "car resume" includes my 1969 Z28 (a Baldwin/Motion car), my 1967 Corvette black/black side pipe 435 hp roadster, my 1969 Corvette black/black side pipe L89 (aluminum head, and my attempt in 1972 to get a very close relative to buy a 1964 Cobra Daytona Coupe (designed by Pete Brock), which they refused and attributed to me being nuts (actually car crazy; plus I was at Le Mans in 1965), but could now be sold for $35 million. Never mind the two 1965 GT350's I currently own - #028, one of the first 35 cars, hand built in Venice prior to the remaining '65, '66, and '67 LAX cars; and which just appeared in the Amelia Island Concours last weekend, and #383, selected by Koni to be in their 2019 SEMS booth. Both judged Gold by SAAC and an opinion by Pete Brock that they are two of the very nicest GT350 restoration he has seen. Other cars I've predicted included Bizzarrini's, GT40's, late '60's hemi cars, etc. And, I've never been in any aspect of the car business.
I don't think ICE is dead any time soon. Car's will move to some sort of hybridization (Look at McLaren P1, Porsche 918, and Ferrari LaFerrari), and are going to make more power than ever before. When electric assist gets the car off the line and then a twin turbo 4cyl pushing 500 or 600 hp can get the turbos spooled up, then cars will get nuts!

Not to mention it just leaked Ford is working on a twin turbo version of the 7.3 Godzilla. If it comes out, I will wait at the dealership for it to replace my current 3/4 ton Powerstroke!

I do hope you are right and they continue appreciating. Just hope it's not because of the reasons you list!;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’ve seen this also. Maybe that the car has been cancelled from production? Not going to stop me from having fun blowing cars into the weeds! Keep looking there are deals to be had.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I’ve seen this also. Maybe that the car has been cancelled from production? Not going to stop me from having fun blowing cars into the weeds! Keep looking there are deals to be had.
We paid $3K over MSRP to order an 18 GT350 exactly the way we wanted it from a dealer that we have a 6 car, 20 year relationship with. I've NEVER, in 50+ years, 18 cars/SUV's paid MSRP, much less over. This beauty was my retirement gift from my loving wife. I looped back to the same dealer for what I could expect to pay for a 21 GT500. They love me...BUT...$25K over MSRP was the best estimate. They claimed a 2-3 unit 'allotment' but I have not confirmed that. Last I looked you could start an inquiry on the Ford website.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fantastic color. Had I not found a white with blue stripes, that is the color combo I would have gone with.
Thanks, I looked hard to find it. According to Fords numbers there are only 9 Rapid Red 2020 GT350's with Black Roof and Black Stripes that were made.

·
Registered
42 Posts
When I first started looking for a Hertiage Edition, the best pricing I was offered was 12K over MSRP.
Then I stopped by a local dealer to look at an Orange Fury 2019 and just happened to overhear their management talking about they were waiting on a Hertiage Edition. I immediately discussed pricing and they were firm at sticker so I jumped on it. Especially after my previous experience. In all fairness the dealer played no games and everything went smoothly.
Even cooler, is this was the same dealer that I purchased my 1968 GT-350 from 45 years ago.

·
Registered
23 Posts
We paid $3K over MSRP to order an 18 GT350 exactly the way we wanted it from a dealer that we have a 6 car, 20 year relationship with. I've NEVER, in 50+ years, 18 cars/SUV's paid MSRP, much less over. This beauty was my retirement gift from my loving wife. I looped back to the same dealer for what I could expect to pay for a 21 GT500. They love me...BUT...$25K over MSRP was the best estimate. They claimed a 2-3 unit 'allotment' but I have not confirmed that. Last I looked you could start an inquiry on the Ford website.
I tried on a GT500 as well. Same issue. If a dealer had any allocation left, almost every dealer refused to allow me to order a GT500 without the carbon package. OR, when they did allow me to order without the carbon package, automatic $20k markup. And then it was an ordeal to get the color I wanted. Almost every dealer wanted black or dark gray (I don't remember Ford's name for it).

·
Registered
6 Posts

Hey All. New to this. Finally broke down and got a 2017R. First "sports" car since high school. I agree, the engine is amazing. The way it handles/performs is insane. For the price point, can't beat it. Did get it in an almost mint condition with 1500 miles. Certified it through 2024 or 60K for $1800. Not planning to put many miles on it or tracking it, but will switch to New Michelin sport 4s tires for versatility of driving. Michelin just came out with 315 vs putting 305 all the way around. Enjoy your cars !!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey All. New to this. Finally broke down and got a 2017R. First "sports" car since high school. I agree, the engine is amazing. The way it handles/performs is insane. For the price point, can't beat it. Did get it in an almost mint condition with 1500 miles. Certified it through 2024 or 60K for $1800. Not planning to put many miles on it or tracking it, but will switch to New Michelin sport 4s tires for versatility of driving. Michelin just came out with 315 vs putting 305 all the way around. Enjoy your cars !!
Dude. Track it. You will be dumbfounded. Coming out of a Hellcat, the GT350 is so precise, it blew my mind that a car could be so sharp. Even my ST and a friends M2 was no where near as dialed in. And that staccato V-8 sound when you come out of a corner and hit 8000 RPMs. It's intoxicating.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Maybe down the road. Not experienced enough. Need to drive/feel it more.
The best, safest place to test the limits of your car is at the track. No one else in danger (Except your ego LOL) and requires a helmet. Not to mention usually tracks have paramedics on site should there be a serious accident.

However, if it's your first go round, I would suggest finding a local chapter of SCCA, Porsche club, BMW club, or whatever car clubs there are in your area, and attend an autocross event. Speeds are generally limited to 50 mph or less, and focus on technical driving skills (Slaloms on long straights, off camber corners, you get the idea). You don't go fast enough to do any damage to the car, and the only thing you can really hit are the cones.

Anyways, as you can see, I am a big believer in testing the limits of my car, and don't buy a car to be a parking lot princess LOL

1 - 20 of 23 Posts