Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So questions 1 through whatever I'm curious. 2016 gt350 tech pack

1- Who already has a supercharger on theirs and did it need any major upgrades to the motor, transmission, or crankshaft?

2- Saw the kits recently for the transmission and diff coolers from ford, has anyone gotten these and installed them and how wellare they working for you?

3- Hi how are you? I think that's it from me

·
Registered
502 Posts

1- Who already has a supercharger on theirs and did it need any major upgrades to the motor, transmission, or crankshaft?

2- Saw the kits recently for the transmission and diff coolers from ford, has anyone gotten these and installed them and how wellare they working for you?

Hi, I’m fine...

1. A few have installed kits, if you read through threads on this site you will find they seem a little touchy. It appears the engines knock sensor becomes irratic (?). This is not a weekend job, a commitment to a tune process with someone with the know-how.

2. Trans and Diff coolers? What year 350 do you have? You got coolers pre-2017 if you got track pack. 2017 or later all have the coolers.

Balls in your court...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Updates

Whipple 2.9 Blower install was almost 18 hours but we changed shifters at the same time so maybe 16
Spec R Wheels
305 Front 325 Rear
R Splitter
R Spoiler
R Door Panels
Red Calipers
R Seats
Dead Pedal
R Steering Wheel
R Badging (all)
Shelby Transmission Air Cooler
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle Hood Light Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Hi, I’m fine...

1. A few have installed kits, if you read through threads on this site you will find they seem a little touchy. It appears the engines knock sensor becomes irratic (?). This is not a weekend job, a commitment to a tune process with someone with the know-how.

2. Trans and Diff coolers? What year 350 do you have? You got coolers pre-2017 if you got track pack. 2017 or later all have the coolers.

Balls in your court...

Points to above mentioned year in original post and package on car.

Just saying 🙂

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Updates

Whipple 2.9 Blower install was almost 18 hours but we changed shifters at the same time so maybe 16
Spec R Wheels
305 Front 325 Rear
R Splitter
R Spoiler
R Door Panels
Red Calipers
R Seats
Dead Pedal
R Steering Wheel
R Badging (all)
View attachment 10290 View attachment 10292
2 questions in regards to this cause i heard original R models are tuned a bit different let alone the engine is actually numbered.

1 being was yours originally an R model or was it original a gt350 normal?

2 because I've heard a little about the transmissions on these not being really even rated to handle what it puts down stock, but can the transmission and the shaft handle that stock? (Saying you do just a simple s/c)

I'm not looking to go over kill, just enough to make up for that dead zone gap before 3k rpm where it starts pulling hard.

·
Registered
757 Posts
YB how's it running, any issues and how many miles do you have on it post SC install? Thanks, really interested in hearing how the Voodoo holds up down the road with forced induction.

Updates

Spec R Wheels
305 Front 325 Rear
R Splitter
R Spoiler
R Door Panels
Red Calipers
R Seats
Dead Pedal
R Steering Wheel
R Badging (all)
View attachment 10290 View attachment 10292

·
Registered
242 Posts
OEM Black vs OEM Black Chromed by Detroit Wheel

I have two sets of 10.5 and 11.0 2018 Ford Shelby GT350 Wheels

Blacks have 300 miles on them - dusty but great looking
Black Chromes maybe 500 then flipped to the 7 spokes -

both are listed on eBay and shows a few chips in the black chromes from damage in the shop (they tipped over on the lift arm) - would eat the shipping for a GT350.org member (saving of $200)

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Tread Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Tread Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
242 Posts
6 month check up with blower - all is great and amazing - added the CF wheels, 3” stud ulgrade for the rear and almost 4” for the front to fit the wheels - so the car is fast with the blower and even faster with the CF wheels - I have Michilen 325’s on the back and the traction light comes on at 7000rpm in 4th gear and that is a first - can’t wait to see the DYNO run - maybe it’s the 875 whipple but you actually feel the car faster. Back to the blower, no issues and I still hate the way it starts - they have to bleed off the cams because of the quick spool up pressure - so the initial fire is loud and obnoxious programmed with exhaust open will make a mother drop her babies and old people stroke - drive is smooth and life with the blower is so manageable

·
Registered
52 Posts
Good info and what type of money spent so far? This answer helps others to make a decision if it’s worth it and have the money.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Is there a video of how it sounds when it starts? You really got a me curious, it can't be that wild. I am also used to obnoxious sounds. I had a SRI on my Turbo car that sounded like a cyclone was starting that you could hear the intake from one end of the street to the other. I kid you not that it was louder than the exhaust.

·
Registered
242 Posts
No video, I can try to get one - With all the Upgrades, I am +$35K - blower, additional tune, CF Wheels, Clutch upgrade, tires, recaro seats, and the CF rear wing, and front splitter - I am near my stopping point at this time and pleased with the way it came out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
No video, I can try to get one - With all the Upgrades, I am +$35K - blower, additional tune, CF Wheels, Clutch upgrade, tires, recaro seats, and the CF rear wing, and front splitter - I am near my stopping point at this time and pleased with the way it came out.
Can you price out just the blower & tune?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Depends on your labor market - $8600 for the blower and tune, $500 for the extra cooler, 20 hours labor and then 10 hours on the DYNO to tweak the tune

The whipple tune is just fine really but a good DYNO guy can scavage 30-50 more hp

So, on the cheap $8600 you do the labor to get 806hp to the wheels, a little tweaking

1 - 17 of 17 Posts