Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Texas is a two plate state required to show plates on the exterior at least twelve inches above ground. I really don’t want to drill into my front bumper for the license plate. The no drill bracket I bought for the 350 takes a half inch off the front clearance, which we all know had little clearance to begin with. Anybody have suggestions for this dilemma?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the Dasen lower grille front license plate mount bracket from Amazon. It's removable and it does its job. It's meant for the center but I was able to offset it to the right and get it to stay. I 3D printed a new ear and was able to mount it to the left side.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I got a bracket that mounts with adhesive to the underside of the bumper and allows for easy removal of the plate. Very clean look. Go to CJ Pony parts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New Hampshire is a 2 plate state as well. I keep the front one in the trunk just in case I get stopped. I forgot to put it back on after the car show!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been running with only a rear plate since Feb 2018. No front plate or one on the dash. Looks like trash. Texas is trying to go to a single plate. Hopefully it will pass as I will not degrade the look of my car with a stupid license plate trash on the front bumper or my dash.

·
Registered
19 Posts
When I bought my 2016, I drove it from the dealership in northern Illinois, to Long Island New York. 1,000 miles with the dealership promotional plastic plate. No issues at all. When my NYS plates arrived, I only put 1. Never had any problems, also depends on your age. I’m 41,so maybe that’s why? Leave it off, ruins look on the front of car.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I too have Craig's custom plate. It is a great product and is easy to remove for shows and track. Only negative comment I have is the poor adhesive quality of the 3M double sided tape that came with it. I had to replace twice (adhesive only) after observing my plate dangling - good thing I noticed before driving both times. I ended up scoring the mounting bracket and underside of my bumper to promote bonding of the Gorilla brand adhesive and I started using the 30# Gorilla two-side adhesive tape which has proven to last much longer than the 3M but same issue continues to occur. I can't win. I am about to quit mounting my front plate and just risk a ticket in VA.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the Craig's custom mount also, put it on when the car was new and cleaned the surface as discussed, never had it come loose or fall off in 4 years. once you take the plate off you would never know it is there and it doesn't interfere with ground clearance. I will keep an eye out for any adhesive issues.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the advise. Since my husband is a county official and I’m a teacher, I don’t want to risk being pulled over and need to set a good example. I’m tired of people assuming my car is my husband’s so I ordered some personalized plates to make sure no one thinks it belongs to him again. Lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
Try Craig's Custom. Their website is ccmustangbrackets.com. I have and and it is great
I'm with the dr on this one ... Craig's has a great set up!!

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts