GT350.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this site.
Just a heads up.

Leading Edge Tuning purchased a gt350 to use as a shop car.

This is great news! They will be working on custom tunes, e85 conversion, n20 setup, and either blower or turbo system.

Can't wait to see what Erick does over there.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Now that's what I'm talking about! I can't even imagine how cool a blower or turbo would sound with this engine :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spoke with Erick today. Says he is going to check out this site. Sure he will jump on board with sponsorship.
Can't wait to check out the car. I am working on him to let me drive it in the Texas Mile next year!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Spoke with Erick today. Says he is going to check out this site. Sure he will jump on board with sponsorship.
Can't wait to check out the car. I am working on him to let me drive it in the Texas Mile next year!
That would be awesome! Do you have any other cars that you race at the Texas Mile?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not personally. Hope to drive a couple this year. Should have about 4 or 5 out there from others in our group.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So we got the GT350 on the dyno a few days back. Will be posting a video link when we get it set up. We ran some base line numbers, and started working on a tune. We should have it back on the dyno today for testing.
The 1st run was exhaust closed, 2nd was exhaust open. There is a selector switch on the dash. 465rwhp 386ftlb

dyno.jpg

·
Registered
179 Posts
Now that's what I'm talking about! I can't even imagine how cool a blower or turbo would sound with this engine :D
Something would need to be done to change the compression on this voodoo engine for forced induction, like change out the pistons. Can't just slap a turbo or blower on this car with 12:1 compression and expect the best results. some serious compromises would be needed, if the engine lasted very long.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Something would need to be done to change the compression on this voodoo engine for forced induction, like change out the pistons. Can't just slap a turbo or blower on this car with 12:1 compression and expect the best results. some serious compromises would be needed, if the engine lasted very long.
Actually 2 issues with forced induction. 1 Being the compression the second being the pm rods. Currently working with Manley on a solution for the rods. Actually it will not be to bad. With 12:1 we can boost 5-7psi and thats about it. But if we go as deep as doing a rod swap, then we will most likely drop the compression also. That is down the road a bit. Tune and E85 conversion 1st.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is a link to the 1st Dyno pull stock baseline.
[video=youtube;IPbtb0r_Z2k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPbtb0r_Z2k&feature=youtu.be"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPbtb0r_Z2k&feature=youtu.be[/video]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts