Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my GT350R from a Ford dealer in Pennsylvania. Unfortunately one thing that wasn’t included in the car was the box containing the book, miniature driveshaft, wheel lock etc. I was told the original owner kept it. Now that I know everything in it and how unique to have, I’m really disappointed that the original owner kept it. To me it’s like keeping a pair of your old girlfriend’s panties as a souvenier, not cool.

So I contacted the dealership to see if they can make my plea to have it returned. Hate to say it but I’d pay to have it back. Just lamenting here, but knowing how attached we get to our cars, I would never have kept that box if I decided I wanted to let the car go, knowing how special a car it is and how much the next person would want the car whole.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Totally agree!! I’ve always thought about how to get mine back😢
It strikes me as a real dick move to sell the car and keep that stuff, but maybe it’s just me.
Well dealership owner talked to the previous owner and he’s keeping the box. Guess I’ll have to get over it, nothing else to be done in that regard, but I do love the car, no regrets.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I AM NOT A DICK!

When I traded in my 2016 for my 2019 R, the dealer quoted me a price on trade-in, which I took. He did not negotiate for the box. He never mentioned the box.

NFW I was going to throw the box of goodies into the back seat for the next guy to get, without the dealer paying for it.

Not giving free stuff to a car dealer doesn't make me a ****. What's more, LunaBear is right, I would have no way to know if the new buyer got the box. The crank model could be sitting on the salesman's mantle at home.

The goodies are nice. I even got Michael's to frame the print. They are mine. I paid for them.
I beg to differ.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts