Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. In broad daylight in a grocery store parking lot, someone yanked the rear trunk emblem off my car. Of course annoyed, but called the dealership thinking it's a quick, inexpensive fix....NOT really. The only way to get the original emblem is to order the whole trunk panel for $934!! So, I was wondering if anyone has crossed this bridge? Ideas? There are some 3D printed versions that are clearly not original looking when you look closely. Thanks a lot! Hal

·
Registered
249 Posts
That price is right had mine replaced under warranty for crack in paint beside emblem. The emblem is melted plastic rivet type look to the panel. Some have double taped it back on when it came loose. In your case you don't have it. Unless you can find one some where that some one has taken off your probably sol. Sorry.

·
Registered
255 Posts
That's F'd up.
If the badges are that hard to replace we should all be on notice when we walk away from our car.

Find a salvage yard and put them on the case for a wrecked GT350, those guys communicate through a web network of some kind.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'd love to find a wrecked GT350 and stick the engine in a sandrail with a Whipple on top.

Sorry to hear about the emblem!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have f#$&ing ZERO room in my heart for a f#$&ing thief. The 2nd worst experience of my life was my ‘91 GT got stolen and stripped clean.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Unfortunately that price sounds right. Look at CJ Pony Parts or American Muscle or Scott Drake Automotive. I looked into Scott Drake because I don't like the little rectangular emblem. What I was looking for is the Faux gas cap that was on the old 1965 mustangs. I found two items in the Scott Drake catalog that look better than the rectangle for 99.00 each. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Good luck

·
Registered
249 Posts
It can be popped off pretty easy the way they just melted to places of plastic studs through two holes. And since it comes attached to that black panel you cannot buy it separate. And yes it is over $900.00 to buy that panel with it on it. Like I said if it comes loose and you can have it you can glue or double back tape it back on and no one will know the difference. But if you don't have it your just sol unless you can find some one that for some reason removed theirs and are willing to sell it. Damn expensive emblem!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not the best solution, but a cheap one. I found one on Amazon for 25 bucks as I recall I think made in China looks OK to me but I have not compared against a factory version to be honest

·
Registered
165 Posts
Couldn't you file for comprehensive and have the deductible versus the grand? In my case it's $50 dollars out of pocket.
"When your vehicle is damaged as the result of an incident other than a collision, comprehensive insurance is an optional coverage that will pay the cost, minus your deductible, of repairing or replacing it. For example, you're covered if your vehicle sustains damage from a storm, a flood, a fire, vandalism, or theft."

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's the follow up. Insurance is pristine with no claims and I have two teens....not worth the claim per my agent and trusted friend, but I could have. Turns out the front and back emblem are the same size, but have different backing. So, I got an OEM FoMoCo front emblem and can put it on with two sided tape after I file the back studs off, but I did not - have it to make the car complete...OCD I know. What I did was order the Shelby Super Snake rear deck ($250) and installed it myself. Easy, but had to get weather-stripping and put that on as it did not come with it, but easy enough. I don't think it looks quite as good, but you can't steal it!!! My GT350 is the only one in town and I would worry every time I took it out, so not a bad compromise... Thanks for the responses.
Hal
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive parking light Wheel

·
Registered
54 Posts
I noticed mine coming loose on one side. Maybe it's always been that way? It does not seem fastened on there too firmly so I ran it by my local Ford and they filed the paperwork to see if they can approve replacing the badge under warranty. I like that rear deck as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts