Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for you guys experienced in tracking your 350.
What settings are you using for your track time?
I tracked Sonoma recently, first for the Shelby but I know the track pretty well.
First couple sessions I was traction control off but stability on.
I took stability off because the car was checking up on me.
Cold track, cold tires, the car came around on me like I was on marbles on the warm up lap at 30mph! Put it back where I had it.
The question is: is there a setting where I can loosen up stability to let it get a little free-er?
Still cut my best laps ever at 2:00 at Sonoma. Crazy good car and I know I can cut 5 seconds out of that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Another thing to consider, A) go to the Mustang S550 forum, as a lot more guys track their cars and can give tips. Second, what camber/toe are you running front and rear? If you toe out the front a bit, and toe in the rear, it will make a big difference. If you have a 2019, you should have the front adjustable camber plates. If you can camber to -2 or more, you are going to get a lot more grip out of the front which may help.

I am in the process of redoing my suspension. The S550 site has been a wealth of knowledge. Now just gotta save for a rebuild of basically every suspension component with something more race focused.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Question for you guys experienced in tracking your 350.
What settings are you using for your track time?
I tracked Sonoma recently, first for the Shelby but I know the track pretty well.
First couple sessions I was traction control off but stability on.
I took stability off because the car was checking up on me.
Cold track, cold tires, the car came around on me like I was on marbles on the warm up lap at 30mph! Put it back where I had it.
The question is: is there a setting where I can loosen up stability to let it get a little free-er?
Still cut my best laps ever at 2:00 at Sonoma. Crazy good car and I know I can cut 5 seconds out of that.
I really just run sport mode while warming up then track mode the rest of the time. I'm running Intermediate level HPDE events and haven't found track mode settings noticeably affecting anything.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I really just run sport mode while warming up then track mode the rest of the time. I'm running Intermediate level HPDE events and haven't found track mode settings noticeably affecting anything.
Compared to my Hellcat, totally agree there isn't a huge difference between all the settings. With one caveat, the throttle response is very noticeable in my Mustang between the three settings. I'd imagine because the Hellcat tries to be everything to all drivers, from cruiser to drag racer to road course car, where as the GT350 tries to be a road course car first, then soften a little to get around on the roads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts