GT350.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please share your experiences with Ford Performance Track Attack. I would like to experience this but am trying to decide if I want to bring another driver along with me to experience it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I did this March right before the virus took hold. Had a lot of people cancel out so our class was only about 12 people. One of the best experiences I have ever had. Took my wife and she got to experience everything except the driving. She did get to do a ride along with the instructor. It made her realize what a beautiful beast the GT350 really is

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did the 2-day event in Charlotte in the first week of August. My wife and I had discussed the option of including her on the trip, but we decided that I should go solo. In retrospect, I am glad I did.

There is not much down time during the day. There is about an hour at lunch and some waiting during the exercises at the skid-car and autocross sites, but otherwise, they keep you moving fairly quickly. If I were a spectator, I think I'd feel a bit frustrated watching everyone else having fun driving. FPRS makes some accommodation for spectators, but as cool as the end-of-day ride-along experience is, I don't think it's worth the trip to Charlotte.

When there is a brief break in the action, there are many cool people to meet, talk with and share the experience. I noticed that the few folks who came with significant others did not engage as much in the conversations among the drivers and coaches.

It is unfortunate that FPRS can't offer more 2-day events. The second day was less buttoned-down with fewer "exercises" and more track-time. They let you run faster and less controlled than the first day. It is a bit expensive, but I would highly recommend it.

Reactions: Studly

·
Registered
67 Posts
Please share your experiences with Ford Performance Track Attack. I would like to experience this but am trying to decide if I want to bring another driver along with me to experience it.
It was incredible Nancy!! Such fun & a lot of learning. I was in the second class at Charlotte in March. Even though they were figuring out all the logistics the Ford team did a great job. I did bring my buddy with me (fairly expensive, he went as a driver) and I didn't pay attention but he did not get to drive the GT350 but the FPRS car kept up well! I was hoping he could get the feel for the Shelby on the track. He had fun nonetheless!

Here's a clip ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aygu22dY1mIhttp://

·
Registered
11 Posts
Last Track Attack of 2020 in Charlotte. I did not bring a spouse or guest, and I'm glad I didn't. There is not a lot for a non driver to do during the day, IMHO. A driving guest that wants to drive would enjoy it. I did the one day and would consider doing it again.

Some guests enjoyed their day, some idled away texting or handling their phone while they waited. Drivers learn a lot and drive a lot at the TA. Love my car more for it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I plan on going in 2021. That’s good information about the non driver. I was trying to decide on whether to bring my brother as a driver or my husband as a non driver. I think I’ll take my brother. 🙂. Thanks for sharing the clips too! Those were fun to watch.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Took my son in 2016 (Utah) and he drove a Mustang GT. The staff was excellent and he participated in all the activities. Wish I could have taken him again when we got his Focus RS.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I plan on attending in 2021 with my son. But at last check they didn't have the 21 schedule...could be that Ford is waiting to see how the COVID thing goes before making a,schedule?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I contacted FPRS, and they said the schedule should be posted the second or third week in December so just keep checking back. Hopefully it will be up before the new year.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The 2021 Schedule is up and one of the classes, March 30th and April 1st is already filled. I signed up for the March 15th and 16th class. I'm bringing my wife so she gets a better understanding of why I love this car so much.

We live in Arizona so we will arrive early to enjoy sight seeing in the Charlotte area. Anyone familiar with the area have any recommendations?

Looking forward to seeing how much additional capability I can pull from this car. I'm sure I'm only driving it at a small percentage of its true potential.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts