Mustang GT350 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if Ford plans to offer the Track Attack program in 2017? If so, do you happen to know if it's open to all GT350 purchasers, by which I mean are Canadian buyers also allowed to participate?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I was out there in Oct and there was no indication that the program was limited. They have the cars already in place. The Boss 303 program was continued until they stopped producing the Boss 302 so they turned them into race cars to promote their racing school. You should be eligible. Get your VIN and give them a call. They are extremely helpful Their number is 435-277-7333 If you go opt for the second day and schedule the Boss 302

·
Registered
45 Posts
Does anybody know if Ford plans to offer the Track Attack program in 2017? If so, do you happen to know if it's open to all GT350 purchasers, by which I mean are Canadian buyers also allowed to participate?
Let me know what you find out. I went to the website and it stated it was only for MY 2015 and 2016 cars. :(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just received my Owner's supplement package on the mail today and apparently the Track Attack school is included. Super exited right now.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I agree with barstowpo, go for the two days and up grade to the Boss 302. Schedule in advance as the Boss302's get scheduled fast. I want to go again!

·
Registered
232 Posts
You have one calendar year from your delivery date to go to the Track Attack. Go if you can swing it, even if it's for the one day. Well worth the effort. I went for the one day and it couldn't have been better for me!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I sent an inquiry to the school about next year but didn't get an answer back yet. Also asked them about the large Track Attack decals Will follow up on that in the next several days

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just received my Owner's Supplement package today :>)

Mu Shelby is a 2017 model.
Nice pre-Christmas gift to myself.... and YES, it did have the Track Attack info in it, but no dates announced.
I have also registered on the official website, and have inquired about getting information on dates, etc. when the 2017 times are available

·
Registered
206 Posts
and don't hesitate to sign up if you want a second day in the Boss302S--they get scheduled fast. You can still do it in the Mustang GT but it isn't the same as the Boss 302S

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ford should offer some rear end gear options like a 4:10 considering this cars incredible rpm range. This could be an easy fisx for the low end power deficit that many criticize with this vehicle. Has anyone done an aftermarket gear swap?

·
Registered
32 Posts
What does this have to do with Track Attack? Do you have a GT350?
I am seriously considering a GT350 if it matters to you. To answer your other stupid ass question, gearing matters and is a potential cure for the low rpm issue that seems to be frequently discussed if you haven't noticed. It is not necessary to own a certain consumer product to legitimately ask questions of or seek opinions. Sorry that my post caused you distress.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have had my car on the track and not having 4.10 gears was not an issue. You will have issues keeping the tires on the thing with 4.10 gears. You will be in the sweet spot of the power curve all of the time and wouldn't worry (once again my primary track car is a 2009 GT500) On the front straight shifting from third to fourth gear at 120 and the thing still jumps! The only time I would worry about the low end is in a passing zone on the hi way. Easy enough to drop a gear and go. Personally, I don't see an advantage to the lower gears--but then again--I am don't drag race. Good luck with you pursuits

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have had my car on the track and not having 4.10 gears was not an issue. You will have issues keeping the tires on the thing with 4.10 gears. You will be in the sweet spot of the power curve all of the time and wouldn't worry (once again my primary track car is a 2009 GT500) On the front straight shifting from third to fourth gear at 120 and the thing still jumps! The only time I would worry about the low end is in a passing zone on the hi way. Easy enough to drop a gear and go. Personally, I don't see an advantage to the lower gears--but then again--I am don't drag race. Good luck with you pursuits
Thanks Michael and forgive my bluntness please. The advice you give is exactly what I was looking for. I think I am going to pick one up soon in the Lightning Blue.

·
Registered
206 Posts
welcome--you won't be disappointed. Just remember, like all the other cars on your list that you have owned, they all have their own characteristics. The 2013 and 2014 GT 500's had 662 hp and gobs of torque--could you drive that with abandon--hell no. It was a beast. Even the 2009 GT500 has such low end torque, shifting isn't that critical on the tighter tracks (Watkins Glen is different) but you still couldn't come out of corner in second gear and jump on it--you will come around. The GT350 can still do that to you if you aren't careful. It is just more refined as a track car. Good luck

·
Registered
32 Posts
welcome--you won't be disappointed. Just remember, like all the other cars on your list that you have owned, they all have their own characteristics. The 2013 and 2014 GT 500's had 662 hp and gobs of torque--could you drive that with abandon--hell no. It was a beast. Even the 2009 GT500 has such low end torque, shifting isn't that critical on the tighter tracks (Watkins Glen is different) but you still couldn't come out of corner in second gear and jump on it--you will come around. The GT350 can still do that to you if you aren't careful. It is just more refined as a track car. Good luck
Yeah after a couple terminators I went to an '08 GT500 with Pulley/tune/intake. Drove the 662HP in a '14, beast for sure but no traction at all, kinda foolish. the GT350 is beginning to look like a very potent, reasonable alternative to those. Just sold a '16 Z06 that I had for 10 months. Ridiculously fast car that I was very uncomfortable in and despised the automatic.

·
Registered
206 Posts
once again, it comes down to what one whats to the car to do. I have no immediate plans to do anything to the GT350 as it is a sweet car to drive. The GT500 is another story--after tracking the car for five years in nearly stock form, I have begun the transition to a full suspension change and probably go with Hoosiers. But this is only after my skills have improved. The GT500 probably held me back due to the low end power and needed vast improvement in the attitude of the car. Now I am ready to try the changes and make it a better road car.

Kornholio--go get one and enjoy then sign up for GT350 Track Attack and the second day with the Boss 302S

Merry Christmas everyone

·
Registered
214 Posts
I am seriously considering a GT350 if it matters to you. To answer your other stupid ass question, gearing matters and is a potential cure for the low rpm issue that seems to be frequently discussed if you haven't noticed. It is not necessary to own a certain consumer product to legitimately ask questions of or seek opinions. Sorry that my post caused you distress.
I asked because I thought noticed you bad mouthing 350's on another forum and you were called out there for not even having one. It didn't cause me any distress. You seen to be the one asking stupid questions in threads that have nothing to do with your topic.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I received an email on Sunday with info on the 2017 track attack dates. Below are the dates and you can call 435-27-SPEED to REGISTER (435-277-7333) and get info at Home

April:
April 1-2
April 2-3
April 3-4*
April 5-6
April 6-7
April 10-11
April 12-13
April 16-17*
April 17-18
April 18-19
April 24-25*