Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if a wider front tire will work on the 2020 stock front wheels without rubbing or throwing rocks on the paint? It appears the 295-35-R19 is a very odd size tire. Also it appears that not only the Sport Cup 2’s but all of the Michelin Sport Cup tires have a 45 degrees rule. This means below 45 degrees you can’t drive the car. To me this is ridiculous. It looks like someone would make a Z rated tire in the 295-35-R19 and 305-35-R19 (the rear size is not the problem). What do you all think?

There are multiple GM and Ford service bulletins out that state to not even move these cars in your garage when the tires are not warm enough. There are pictures of the tires splitting and cracking when a dealership has ignored this bulletin and moved the car just across their parking lot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Michelin 295 Y rated 4 season tires

My Sport Cup 2 tires wore down to 2/32" in only 4k miles. One developed a slow leak, but Discount Tire wouldn't fix it due to minimum tread. They turned me on to Michelin PS4S (sic) tires. They were still high, but few hundred less than Sport Cup 2, with 30k tread warranty. And they have both 305 AND 295 sizes. Ordered, got them in 3 days. They are Y speed rated like the Sport Cup, have load rating of 102 vs 104 for the Sport Cup. Put them through my favorite curvy Texas backroad, liked what I felt. Not as good as Sport Cup 2, but only marginally less, and I can drive in the cold. Now I dont track my 2019, so they may not work for those who do so a lot. But they're the right size, the right size, and definitely good enough performance for me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello all. I'm not sure what you are looking at but I just went onto the tire rack site and there are (16) 295/35/19 tires and there are only (3) 305 tires. I was actually thinking about doing 285 in the front and 295 in the rear. The tramlining is horrible so I was thinking of going a little bit smaller up front.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello all. I'm not sure what you are looking at but I just went onto the tire rack site and there are (16) 295/35/19 tires and there are only (3) 305 tires. I was actually thinking about doing 285 in the front and 295 in the rear. The tramlining is horrible so I was thinking of going a little bit smaller up front.
Just replaced my cup2’s with Mich 4S.
305/30/ZR19 and 315/30/ZR19
Fit is great. 1/4” in wider. Diameter is reduced 1/4”. Speedo error 1-2mph at 60.
Best of all, they are not as heat sensitive for performance. I track my car and can’t wait to take it back out!
The cup2’s are an awesome track tire…. if you have a hot track to bring up your tire temps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any thoughts on running 295/35/19 all square PS4S .. 2020 GT350.. no tracking just spirited driving... Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts