Mustang GT350 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking out my front tires yesterday and i noticed they are both wearing on the inside. I have 13k miles on my car and I can already feel the steel belt on one of the tires. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Like I told someone else on another thread asking about tire wear, our cars run a pretty aggressive amount of negative camber from the factory. I don't remember the exact measurements, but it's several degrees of negative. With 13K miles on those tires, I'm not overly surprised you're seeing wear to that point. My buddy has a C7 and he had the same tire wear you're describing after around 13K miles despite the fact his car has less camber. Soft tire compound+aggressive negative camber=rapid tire wear. Be grateful you don't have an R, because they chew through cup 2s in about 3K miles of street driving lol.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Found it off the other thread.
Front GT350 GT350R
Front camber -1.50° -1.75°
Front caster 6.83° 6.92°
Front toe - total -0.10° (out) 0.06° (in)

Rear GT350 GT350R
Rear camber -1.00° -1.25°
Rear toe - total 0.30° (in) 0.30° (in)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would check your Camber ASAP. It may be set incorrectly. I have a R car and no problem at all at 10K of driving. With abut 500 miles of track days.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a similar issue and MikeM provided me with the number to do the recommended alignment. the only thing that was corrected on my car was the toe numbers on the front end. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
502 Posts
The car ends up at around -2.0 degrees Camber, which isn’t bad if you Performance corner the car. Adds better grip under power. Overall treadwear gets better after the tires have been seasoned on a track day. Rubber seems harder. I would never go 5,000 miles without an alignment check though. Toe settings do more wear and they are measured thinner than a dime, most chuckholes will do that it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I took my car in while i was on my trip to Spain and Portugal and it was corrected. just like PedroG my issue was the toe. So now i have new front tire and hopefully i wont see this issue again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have a bolt (unrepairable) in my rear tire so I'm getting two new tires. While up on the rack I noticed both rears are wearing on the OUTSIDE as if it has positive camber. I'm wondering if I should tell them to add a click or two of negative?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts