Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While not preferred I’m sure, Can you run 295’s front and back? I live in the Pacific NW and 295’s front and back give me more options for the rainy season....

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think you will have filiment issues with the rims - and if you buy a set of front rims and try to install them on the rear I'm guessing you may have brake clearance issue...

Also, you need to watch the speed rating on the tires - you know you can put the car in the "nanny" weather mode - regular, sport, track, weather and Line Lock drag mode. The options are on your steering wheel.

Weather mode may be the way to go and then stick with the Michelins. Have you been to the GT 350 Track Attack at Ford Racing? You may want to go - you will learn a lot about this amazing car.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Weather mode may be the way to go and then stick with the Michelins. Have you been to the GT 350 Track Attack at Ford Racing? You may want to go - you will learn a lot about this amazing car.
A guy in Virginia just had his car hydroplane and spin in weather mode, into a tree, as reported on one of the FB groups. Another guy in that group suggested Continental Extreme Contact Sports as an alternative (much better in the rain than our Pilot Sports), in 295/35 front, 325/30 rear (you give up ⅝" of clearance in the rear in that size). I don't know how the Michelin PS4S is in the rain. It's also unavailable in our car's stock sizes--you give up an inch of clearance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
While not preferred I’m sure, Can you run 295’s front and back? I live in the Pacific NW and 295’s front and back give me more options for the rainy season....
I bought a winter setup from Auto Fanatic (YouTube) earlier this year. 295/35/19 on all four corners. Pirelli Winter Sottozero on OEM wheels. He put 700 miles on them with no issues. I haven't run them yet.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I bought the car used and the previous owner put 285s and 305s on the rear. Nitto 555s I think? I can't recall. Seems to handle just fine during heavy rain and on dry. Tires don't spin either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts