GT350.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just walked outside and rear has a flat, no idea why, used the compressor to air it back up to 37, I presume the stock tires are run flats since there was white goo on the ground when I was airing up. Never had run flats before so do I need to get it replaced/plugged or can I just leave it alone if the run flat goo sealed the hole. If I need to replace it do I need to replace both rear tires or can I just replace the bad one. Car has 4K miles. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
229 Posts
GT350s come with Michelin tires and they aren't run flats. Don't know what the white goo is unless the tire has been previously repaired. I'd take it to a tire shop you trust and have them check it with you watching them. A replacement would be your best bet since these are high speed tires. I wouldn't want to take a chance with a repaired tire.

·
Registered
136 Posts
If the puncture is not near the sidewall, and the cords in the tire have not been damaged, I'd be just fine running with a plug. I've done tens of thousands of miles on motorcycles and in cars with plugged tires, and I have never had an issue.

If you're going to track the car, that might be another matter--stresses are a lot higher on the track.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts