Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
First timer here….I am currently going through the engine replacement process with my 2018 leadfoot grey gt350…that being said, I was wondering if there is any information available that show definitive proof of any upgrades for the 2021 gt350 engine?
Thanks for any help!
White Light Product Blue Hood

Hood Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Green
White Light Product Blue Hood
Hood Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Green

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well 2019 was supposed to bring an mk2 version of the Voodoo engine, with upgrades from the Predator. I’m sure someone else here can chime in on which beefed up internals that comprises. Warranty I hope? What happened?

For a second I thought you meant by built, a 5.2L block with upgraded aftermarket internals.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well 2019 was supposed to bring an mk2 version of the Voodoo engine, with upgrades from the Predator. I’m sure someone else here can chime in on which beefed up internals that comprises. Warranty I hope? What happened?

For a second I thought you meant by built, a 5.2L block with upgraded aftermarket internals.
Oh yeah, I may have worded that wrong.
Definitely warranty in effect. Started making a clunking sound (very faint, but I could hear it)…compression test came back that #2 and #7 were low…after the approval from Ford the dealership tore down and found over heating signs on the cylinder walls, and wear on the oil pump gears, and scoring on the cam lobes…so seams like a few negative things were going on. I just hope they may have addressed some of those issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts