Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my 94 Cobra a few years ago and as of last summer I decided I wanted to get another Mustang but not just a mass produced GT or anything like that. When this all started I was set on getting a 2003/2004 Terminator Cobra and while it is still a strong consideration I've come to realize that after looking at some of the prices of used GT350's I could also make that work. This will not happen until early 2021 once I pay off my truck ( 18K left on it ). The problem with the Terminators is that it is really hard to get financing on them as compared to getting a used GT350 that is only a few years old I can go through my local credit union without any issues.

This is not a which car is better post. I realize they are two totally different animals to compare them directly. I know a lot of you here have bought the GT350 new so you knew everything about the car starting on day 1. I'm also aware that there are a lot of you out there that are very happy with these cars and have zero issues despite some of the things I've read about oil consumption and brake sequel exc exc.. and I've been on forums long enough to know that people do not post daily threads of nothing went wrong with my car today so you only see all the bad with very little of the good in a broad sense.

I would be looking at getting a GT350 around the price range of 40K. I've seen a few of them that are at or below this price range and I'm sure there will be more when I'm actually ready to buy. I know its a crap shoot either way with buying newer type car with lower mileage VS an older 15+ yr old car with lower mileage and not knowing the actual full history on either car but have any of you here bought yours used? Is there anything I should be looking for specifically when doing so? It's the 5.2 Voodoo that really has me hooked a long with the more modern and updated technology found in the GT350 VS the Terminator. I'm not looking to do any actual track days I'm just an avg 42 yr old guy who has always loved Mustangs and fast cars and when all this happens I dont want to have regret on what I bought wishing I had bought the other. I know that no one here can predict what is the better buy for me and which car is the safer bet but being that the GT350's have been out a few years I figured those of you here would have some insight on buying them second hand the risk VS reward situation. Thank you to anyone who has any insight guidance or knowledge on this, my wait on doing all of this is still a ways out and while I still may end up with a Terminator that 5.2 voodoo and the handling of the GT350 is really getting me hooked.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I would secure a Shelby - they have a few types of buyers -

1) the ones that rail them to death with jamming gears, track days, and racing everything next to them on the road.

2) and the ones that admire everything that the car (Shelby, Mustang, Ford Racing, or Ford) represents and will park in the far away spot to protect from the door ding monsters - they people also change oil early, park inside, know how to put on their Cover, hand wash, choose a worthy a opponent on occasion and their neighbors know than as an enthusiasts -

Like Vanquish owners, they have what they want and when they are done - the regular guy gets an amazing find. You will find the right one:) and make it the way you dream

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
23 Posts
I own a 2019 GT 350 and I absolutely love this car. I drive it daily because I believe in enjoying your ride and not just sit in a garage. Having said this, another car I would have purchased had I not purchased this Shelby is the 2013 or 2014 GT 500 with low miles. Why?

1- 670 HP GT 500 is a beast and it hits 200 mph. Not that I would ever go that fast, but it is faster than GT 350 (minus the track). But not many of us track on daily basis. If you track, GT 350 for sure and keep it naturally aspirated with no super charger.
2- 2013 GT 500 is the last year Shelby made the SVT Shelby before he died in 2012. I think this makes the car special.
3- The price of 2013 and 2014 low miles = mid $40k and it is not going much lower anytime soon and it is a beast

Draw back with 2013 and 2014 Shelby is that it does not have the latest technologies found in GT 350 (suspension, Apple Car Play, etc.) Also the 2019+ GT 350 has mobile app for the car which is huge IMO. You can control the car doors, look up all kinds of information of your car such as miles, location etc. via mobile app. So if you can, I would look for 2019 GT 350 or later year model. 2015 - 2018 does not have this and it is pretty big in my opinion. Plus the 2019 has several internal engine updates over the 2018 and older models.

2020 is no different than 2019 if you are looking at GT 350.

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts