Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now my 780 mile 2018 GT350 A/C doesn't work. It is the first time I tried the A/C and it is only blowing out hot air. Shelby and Ford should be embarrassed to even sell these cars. This car is lucky to make it to the grocery store without something being wrong. I spend so much time at the dealership some of the employees think I work there now. When you make a car that makes a Chrysler product compare to a Rolls-Royce you shouldn't even have a job at McDonalds.

Shelby should hire some ex bicycle or toy car engineers because they couldn't do any worse than the current engineers. I have been in the muscle car, sports car, race car, motorcycle field my entire life and I have never seen or heard of anything like these 2015 -2018 GT350 issues. They should all be called the Lemon edition. Hell I am about ready to have a priest perform a exorcist on the car and dabble holy water on every part of it.

I drove my modified 2016 5.0 GT Premium Mustang like the Dukes Of Hazzard and never had any issues whatsoever. I have seen the modified 5.0 Coyotes with turbo chargers and Superchargers send Hellcat's and ZL-1 Camaros back home to their mommies crying and not have a single issue with the cars.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wow! Your anger and frustration is loud and clear. Sounds like you got the lemon. Bummer, because most of us are having the complete opposite experience. Hope you find peace soon.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm sorry you're struggling. A good friend of mine has had a few issues that led to an engine replacement. While a frustrating process, his resolution was great. I hope yours ends up that way.

If you stay this unhappy, I advise you to get on with it and sell it quickly so that you don't take a value drop due to another model year, or another model introduction (GT500).

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm new here BigBlock, but I'm very sorry to hear what you are going through. I've reviewed your posting history and it is obvious that your car has suffered a number of mechanical issues that would cause any reasonable person to lose their patience and sense of humor. Is there any chance that Ford would buy back this car? You have documented a pretty good history of problems. I see a number of cars for sale on different websites that actually have factory buyback titles on them. I'm not a lawyer but perhaps you have rights that someone in GT350.org can help you with. We must have a lawyer somewhere in this forum. If you find no legal remedies, then I agree with the others that suggest you sell the car and take the hickey. I certainly don't blame you for being frustrated and extremely unhappy. I hope we collectively have a voice with Ford and can help you as a group.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I know the OP is frustrated and by the way, I'm sorry but you made me laugh out loud. I love your writing. Truly speaking, the car is great. However, unfortunately you are dealing with a lemon or a vehicle that lacked craftsmanship like the rest of the GT350s that are experiencing no issues.

To keep your business they should do the following:
1) Repair the AC
2) Offer you free oil changes for life or X amount of time
3) Offer you Shelby Weathermats for the whole car
4) Some trunk goodies like the cargo net
5) Whatever else you feel you deserve for your lost time

or

B) New car, which you won't regret.

·
Registered
123 Posts
In most states, a buyback under Lemon law says its got to be at a dealer for 30 days or so and not getting fixed. That does not have to concurrent days. Here are the numbers of the parts of the regulations...

Missouri Revisor of Statutes - Revised Statutes of Missouri, RSMo Chapter 407

NEW MOTOR VEHICLE WARRANTIES, NONCONFORMITY (LEMON LAW)
407.560   Definitions. (8/28/1984)
407.563   Law applicable to breach of new motor vehicles warranties. (8/28/1984)
407.565   Report of nonconformity required, when — repairs, duty of manufacturer or ... (8/28/1984)
407.567   Replacement of motor vehicle or refund of purchase price, when — allowance ... (8/28/2004)
407.569   Affirmative defenses. (8/28/1984)
407.571   Presumptions of nonconformity — exception. (8/28/1984)
407.573   Warranty extension, when — complaint remedies information to be furnished — ... (8/28/1984)
407.575   Manufacturer with approved settlement procedure, consumer's duty. (8/28/1984)
407.577   Court action by consumer, costs, expenses, attorney's fees, how paid. (8/28/1984)
407.579   Consumer's right to other remedies — law to apply, when. (8/28/1984)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Great work DCShelby, this appears to be a salient provision:

Title XXVI TRADE AND COMMERCE
  Chapter 407

  407.567. Replacement of motor vehicle or refund of purchase price, when — allowance deducted for consumer's use — reimbursement, when, application for. — 1. If the manufacturer, through its authorized dealer or its agent, cannot conform the new motor vehicle to any applicable express warranty by repairing or correcting any default or condition which impairs the use, market value, or safety of the new motor vehicle to the consumer after a reasonable number of attempts, the manufacturer shall, at its option, either replace the new motor vehicle with a comparable new vehicle acceptable to the consumer, or take title of the vehicle from the consumer and refund to the consumer the full purchase price, including all reasonably incurred collateral charges, less a reasonable allowance for the consumer's use of the vehicle. The subtraction of a reasonable allowance for use shall apply when either a replacement or refund of the new motor vehicle occurs.

  2. Refunds shall be made to the consumer and lien holder of record, if any, as their interests may appear.

  3. (1) Upon taking the title to a vehicle under this section, the manufacturer may apply to the department of revenue for a reimbursement equal to any amounts refunded to a consumer for any sales tax, license fees, registration fees, and title fees paid by the consumer as a result of purchasing the vehicle. Upon the receipt of a written request for a refund, accompanied by satisfactory proof that such sales tax and fees on the vehicle were paid when or after the vehicle was purchased and that the manufacturer has refunded such sales tax and fees to the consumer, lienholder, or lessor of the vehicle, the department of revenue shall refund to the manufacturer an amount equal to the amounts refunded to a consumer for such sales tax and fees paid by the consumer as a result of purchasing the vehicle.

  (2) The manufacturer may, in lieu of applying to the department of revenue for a reimbursement under this subsection, direct the consumer to apply to the department of revenue for a refund of any sales tax, license fees, registration fees, and title fees paid by the consumer as a result of purchasing the vehicle. The manufacturer shall provide the consumer with the documentation required to prove that the consumer paid such sales tax and fees to the manufacturer. Upon the receipt of a written request by the consumer for a refund, accompanied by satisfactory proof that such sales tax and fees on the vehicle were paid when or after the vehicle was purchased, and a written statement from the manufacturer that such sales tax and fees were not refunded to the consumer, lienholder, or lessor of the vehicle, the department of revenue shall refund to the consumer an amount equal to the amounts for such sales tax and fees paid by the consumer as a result of purchasing the vehicle.

(L. 1984 H.B. 992 § 4 subsecs. 1, 2, A.L. 2004 S.B. 1233, et al.)

·
Registered
178 Posts
I feel your pain. But I can't say this is the worst purchase I have ever made. My A/C went out twice! I have a 2017 though. Once I researched the issue, it turns out it is a 2015- later Mustangs that have possible issues with the A/Cs. Why Ford changed their A/C Components is beyond me. My 2010 Roush 427R, A/C works great, still! My only concern is if my dashboard will start rattling later, I hear a small rattle now. But the more I take it, the more that can go wrong. That being said, I love driving my Shelby. Good Luck.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Good job DC on the Lemon Law stuff. That’s your option, national guild is no more than 30 days down or 4 repairs on same item. I would push this, it’s the only way to avoid the money hit. I know California is tighter on this guild, but Kanas? Good luck

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have always been a huge Ford Fan. From the day my brother came home with his 1969 428 Cobra Jet Torino I have been a huge big block fan. I used to race my friends early 1990's Mustangs and Camaro's with my dad's 1972 460 Lincoln and his 429 High Performance Gran Torino station wagon. Both of them my brother had modified.

When I am buried it is already planned to have TAPS being played and a FORD flag over the casket.

When you purchase a brand new $69,000 Shelby GT350 and you drive it home and the next morning you have a puddle under the rear end (like several other GT350 owners have had) and then when you finally get the car back and you pick your son up to take him to lunch and in 98 degrees weather the first time you try the air conditioner it not only doesn't work, but it blows out hot air like you have the heater on high you have to think to yourself "hell, not even a Chrysler transmission goes out this fast". I just got the call that the Compressor and all of the components that go with it all have to be replaced.

How exactly are you guys racing these cars? Do they even make it around the first lap? Hell my car didn't make it home from the dealership or to the local Pizza restaurant without having to spend a month in the shop.

My 2010 GT500 is my regular car I drive it everywhere and other than the crappy Microsoft Sync it has been flawless. I just drove it to Dallas Texas and back and if I had tried to drive there in the new GT350 it would have probably broken down so many times it would have been in the shop for two to five years.

In high school I came up with MOPAR stands for more oil parts and repair and I am starting to think that I should replace the SHELBY on the back of the car with MOPAR.

When I did a search on the leak under the rear end I found all of the issues on these cars from 2015 - 2018. My car only has 780 miles on it and it has never been raced or abused. Like my car there are several people on this forum that had just purchased their GT350 and had several issues. I guess we all ran our cars too hard going from the dealership home, the store and to get some pizza.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Come on dude, easy on the dramatics. You got a lemon, no doubt. Many others have had some insistence’s, no doubt. It sucks. There is no lack of sympathy, aggravation, or support from folks that have had good luck. But at the end of the day, it’s a mass produced consumer product. Unfortunately, and something you may not want to hear or agree with, but you are in the minority. I’d argue the extreme minority. Dudes are running the fire out of these cars, successfully, every day, all day long, with zero problems. Sometimes the dice doesn’t roll in your favor. We’ve all been there bro with one product (or car) or the other. I am in no way excusing Ford for your misfortune, or saying they’re right and you’re wrong to be pissed. Not saying they don’t have an obligation to do right by you and sort the thing out. But your misfortune doesn’t make the whole lot a POS.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems BigBlock. I have an 18 GT350. Received it in Dec. 17, In the garage until May 18, I live in snow country WNY. Put it on it on the road, drove it 350 miles, changed the oil, drove it 1800 miles to Augusta GA to an MCA show and home. Put another 2K on it at home. I have been on the road for 3 week now and have loved about 3200 miles going to NM, CO, AZ, UT and now headed back to Grand Junction before heading home. NO problems, NO excessive oil use, AC works great. Gets great gas milage out here in the altitude, 6000- 9000 ft. I live at 634. The only complaint I have is that going up steep hills I have to down shift because 6th gear bogs the engine down because of the gearing.
Good luck. Trade it in on a 2019 GT500.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
What bothers me is that it looks like several of these problems have been going on for years and Ford and/or Shelby can't or won't fix these problems. Like I said on my comments on the rear differential cooler brass fitting that is causing most of the leaks, I wouldn't have used that POS quick-connect fitting on my toilet. I am an electronics technician and it seems to me that they have tried to make this car so technologically advanced that they didn't realize that the technology isn't advanced enough yet to have the car run as designed and be reliable. Trying to mix a muscle car /sports car with a Lincoln (Mercedes, BMW etc. …) with the heated/cooled seats, air condition etc.. just isn't technologically ready to be made correctly and be reliable (or if the price isn't raised to $100,000 for some more expensive parts).

In 15 minutes I could have designed the standard size oil filter to be where it could never fall off or break. Try now to take the new Mickey Mouse edition oil filter setup in your new GT350 to Valvoline oil change for example for a oil change and they will laugh at you. It did not need to be changed into this new design. I have had engines in some of my cars that made this engine seem like a toy car engine and I have never had a oil filter issue ever. Usually the problem with a oil filter installation is the person putting it on didn't put a little oil on the rubber O ring and/or tighten it properly. I would have designed a bracket with one or two bolts that would have protected and held on the standard design oil filter.

There should be a street version made for the buyers that just want to drive it to car shows, a rare couple laps around the track and to work once in a while (for example). This version would have air condition heated/cooled seats, the nice interior, standard non-ceramic high performance brake pads (no screaching everywhere) and no rear differential cooler for example.

The R version would have the high performance seats, no air conditioning, ceramic high performance brake pads and a rear differential cooler that a fifth grader didn't design for example.

Both versions would have options of adding or removing items. Most newer GT350's I have seen are only being driven to car shows and around town. I see this with Porsche's and other cars also.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It is not just the issues I have had on my new GT350 that concerns me, with all of the other issues my concern is that there are probably a large number of future issues.

In over 30 years of owning high performance Ford cars and trucks I have had very little trouble from them.

When my Chevrolet friends tell me their favorite saying "that they would rather push their Chevrolet than drive a Ford", I would always ask the same thing. "So you would rather push your broke down Camaro than drive my running Mustang?" "And you are bragging about it?"

When someone pulls out the "Found On Road Dead", I always say " You must mean when I smoke you by three to five car lengths and you shoot me out of road rage , because it definitely isn't going to be my Mustang that is dead, or do you mean when your Camaro, Charger or Challenger is found on the road dead after blowing the engine trying to beat me"?

Now thanks to the new GT350 I can at least tell them that the backup camera still works.

·
Registered
179 Posts
You keep referring to Shelby in your posts. . . . . .You do realize that Shelby has zero technical or mechanical association with the GT350, only a licensed name.

·
Registered
229 Posts
It is not just the issues I have had on my new GT350 that concerns me, with all of the other issues my concern is that there are probably a large number of future issues.

In over 30 years of owning high performance Ford cars and trucks I have had very little trouble from them.

When my Chevrolet friends tell me their favorite saying "that they would rather push their Chevrolet than drive a Ford", I would always ask the same thing. "So you would rather push your broke down Camaro than drive my running Mustang?" "And you are bragging about it?"

When someone pulls out the "Found On Road Dead", I always say " You must mean when I smoke you by three to five car lengths and you shoot me out of road rage , because it definitely isn't going to be my Mustang that is dead, or do you mean when your Camaro, Charger or Challenger is found on the road dead after blowing the engine trying to beat me"?

Now thanks to the new GT350 I can at least tell them that the backup camera still works.
I sympathize with your problems but the whining is becoming excessive. Get rid of it and move on.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You're telling me that Carroll Shelby hasn't pitched his innovations from the dead?!?! What monstrosity did I purchase?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts