Mustang GT350 Forums banner

That's some clutch spring

8K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  HELLFIRE 
#1 ·
I read about it but didn't believe it would be that funky till I picked up my car today. Needless to say, the new clutch spring is on it's way. Otherwise had a great 100 mile drive back from the dealership today.

#2 ·
Lol, glad i'm not the only one. It's like.... shoving you out of it. I have noticed tho that at high acceleration launching I can see value in it. My only issue is I can't get consistent during daily driving. Maybe that's it tho, it wasn't intended to be daily driven and just raised so they throw that type of clutch system in. Drive it like maniac they said.

#3 ·
Try pulling the spring out and driving the car without one before you put the new one in. You may prefer that mode better, but at least you will know what the clutch feels like with no spring. I pulled my spring out 22,000 miles ago and couldn't be happier, on the track or on the street.

#11 ·
I go back and fourth between no spring and the steeda spring. Can't make up my mind. Like them both. I like no spring probably the best, however I am not thrilled with the clutch sag at the top after letting it out. Really would love to know if thats damaging anything. It's not much but definitely there and when driving I reach down and pull on the clutch and it comes forward some, maybe an inch or so...
The steeda really is nice also, super linear and even positive experience through all the clutching. Only bad with the steeda to me is sometimes it feels extra '' springy '' to me when daily driving it.
I've had opinions with driving it with no spring from professionals and they all say it won't hurt anything. However I wonder if it is causing damage and because of this I always see myself going back to the steeda

#13 ·
Am I the only person who thinks the factory clutch setup in this car is great? Great feel, smooth when you're running around town or when you romp on it, and no problems with consistently smooth shifts.

#15 · (Edited)
Have had the stock spring, steeda spring, and no spring. Have owned about 20 or so manuals as well. Not the oldest guy at 42 by any means but have been driving manuals for quite sometime and nothing gives smoother shifts in the gt350 then running no spring. The stocker is a nice feel clutching in but is complete crap at the last 25 percent of travel on release. The steeda although very linear is springy to me on release.
And of course these opinions are how I feel about it, but it's subjective just like exhaust notes...
So the people who like the stock and the people who like no spring and the ones that like the steeda , cheers!! And run it how you like, to each there own!
Me I go back and fourth constantly between no spring and the steeda because I'm super anal... However never the stock cause it's mush on the release.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.