Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1965 GT-350
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed oil today and switched from Motorcraft 5w-50 to Mobil 1 FS X2 5w-50 after researching different brands.
Big difference in valvetrain noise a lot quieter at idle. The FS X2 meets all of the requirements and specs and I have always used Mobil 1 in my Porsches since it is factory recommended.
Below is a link from Mobil 1

·
Registered
32 Posts
Changed oil today and switched from Motorcraft 5w-50 to Mobil 1 FS X2 5w-50 after researching different brands.
Big difference in valvetrain noise a lot quieter at idle. The FS X2 meets all of the requirements and specs and I have always used Mobil 1 in my Porsches since it is factory recommended.
Below is a link from Mobil 1

I've been using Amsoil Signature series (same weight) for 3 track seasons now, very low breakdown rate, So far very happy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Interesting, went to the Mobil 1 site and it does not let you put in a VIN number nor does the engine selection process when you search by vehicle include a 5.2L GT350 Shelby engine.

How did you find the right oil to use? Did you call them?

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT350
62 Posts
Interesting, went to the Mobil 1 site and it does not let you put in a VIN number nor does the engine selection process when you search by vehicle include a 5.2L GT350 Shelby engine.

How did you find the right oil to use? Did you call them?
I have been using Mobil 1 for years in all my mustangs. There is 2 kinds of 5w50 sold by Mobil 1. I posted on the rally and the other for European engines. Either one should be great for our engines.

·
Registered
1965 GT-350
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went to the Mobil1 website and put in 2016 Ford Mustang and selected 5.2 GT350 engine and here we are below. Would of tried Amsoil but could not find any 5W-50 in town at the time of oil change.

Mobil1 FS X2 5W-50

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oil is sorta fickle with me. In my 2020 HE, I changed to Amsoil 5W-50 @ 1000 miles after strong recommendations from several of my old SHO buddies. I think the Amsoil runs quieter than the Motorcarft ran .
But in our 13 Explorer, 19 Ranger, and 03 Corvette I run Mobil One and never had any issues. But in my 98 Mustang GT I use Castrol Edge. Again no issues.
I have no reason for using the different brands of FS but they have all performed excellently . I do know the 350 will have Amsoil as long as I own her, glad I went the Amsoil route with the 350!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts