GT350.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2016 GT 350. 400 miles on it.

I started getting "Steering Assist Failure" and "Advance Trac Failure" messages simultaneously. When this occurs, I have no power steering. Try turning those 11 inch wide tires with no steering !!

I can clear the error message and problems by engine turn off and re-start. It usually happens on cold start, but also happened once at the gas station (warm start).

Any ideas .. service dept at dealership is struggling to find source of problem. Any info appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Weird, that is a strange one. Intermittent electrical problems are typically a wiring issue. Maybe the rack is already going out. I would have them clear and reflash the eco first.
I haven't heard of their electronic racks being an issue on any mustang yet. I will text a Ford service manager friend and see if he has any thoughts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Today's diagnosis from dealer with help of Ford engineers is that my entire rack and pinion assembly needs to be replaced. The module that is failing is built into the unit, not separately replaced.
Rodney, you sound very knowledgeable .. does this sound right to you ??

But here's the past part. The assembly is on a "national back order and will not be available for a month"

Thx in advance.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Today's diagnosis from dealer with help of Ford engineers is that my entire rack and pinion assembly needs to be replaced. The module that is failing is built into the unit, not separately replaced.
Rodney, you sound very knowledgeable .. does this sound right to you ??

But here's the past part. The assembly is on a "national back order and will not be available for a month"

Thx in advance.
That's horrible Daytona. Is it a control/electronic module in the rack that Ford said went bad? Thanks for letting us know and good luck. Hope your parts come in quicker than estimated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YES !!
The Service Manager at the dealership showed me an email today that they received from Ford. It was essentially an apology letter stating that the rack and pinion assembly is presently being re-designed due to on-going problems with the built in electronic control module. It also stated that there is no firm date available yet for the re-designed parts.

·
Registered
232 Posts
YES !!
The Service Manager at the dealership showed me an email today that they received from Ford. It was essentially an apology letter stating that the rack and pinion assembly is presently being re-designed due to on-going problems with the built in electronic control module. It also stated that there is no firm date available yet for the re-designed parts.
Oh man,,,,,another thing to add to the list. In the meantime, I hope they fix what you need with the crap r&p we all have then do a proper recall for all of us. Good luck and thanks for sharing (I'd give you a thumbs up smiley but I guess it isn't an option for this circa 2000 forum...) (See private message...)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not real sure what the dealership that you went to is looking up, but a quick look at our parts locator and I could have you 20 of them next day if you wanted. It does not show any sales restrictions or redesigns.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes, that does sound correct. The module is made onto the rack. I would suggest they make the payment on your vehicle until they can get the part in for down time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts