Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 GT350 with about 7000 miles on it. I still have the original tires on and the tread still looks to be in good shape. I was wondering if anyone has Cup 2’s with high mileage and what Life I can expect out of these. Let me know any thoughts. I do not track or drive the car hard.

·
Registered
2019 GT350 Shadow Black/White Stripes
46 Posts
My 2019 has 5K miles, and they still look very good. I heard up to 10K-12K is possible with normal street driving.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I bought my car I was thinking they would have to be replaced by 3 to 5 thousand miles. At least it gives me some time to figure out what I am going to do for replacements.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Depends a lot on the roads you drive. I have a super sports on mine, and after 4500 miles, my rears look rough. I just drive normally, but a lot of my roads are oil and chipped. If you drive blacktop or cement more, I would expect you to see more life.

·
Registered
2019 GT350 Shadow Black/White Stripes
46 Posts
Depends a lot on the roads you drive. I have a super sports on mine, and after 4500 miles, my rears look rough. I just drive normally, but a lot of my roads are oil and chipped. If you drive blacktop or cement more, I would expect you to see more life.
Oil and chipped roads gotta be rough on the body panels of the car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's why I had my car fully PPF'd. The week after I bought mine they decided to tar and chip a lot of the area around where I live.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought tires for my 2020HE. I only had 3k miles on the cup2’s but I do track the car. They probably had 1 or 2k left in them. I loved the cup2’s for the track but if you have a cold track they’re tough to get up to temp.
Went with Michelin 4s 305/30/ZR19 in front. 315/30/ZR19 rear.
Fit is very good front and rear. 1/4” wider width and approximent reduced diameter of 1/4”.
Tram line has improved dramatically. Speedometer error 1-2 mph at 60mph. So far very happy.

·
Registered
2020 GT350R HE
20 Posts
I have a 350R with PS2.

I really wouldnt expext these to last past 5-6k. Less if you drive aggressively. They're really really really soft. They'll pickup any chips and debris you can and can't see.

I'm sure you can stretch them out a bit more, but then you're risking a lot. They're designed for track use, and everything about them is awesome. If longevity is a factor, especially to control cost, steer clear of them.

The PS4 and PSS are awesome dailya and I got ^20k miles with my old PSS on my 350.

·
Registered
46 Posts
2019 w/3500mi. The front still above wear bars. The backs are toast. Will replace w/PS4.
That said, When I take it out for a spin, there's usually WOT once the clutch is fully engaged, and I do get wheelspin, so not overly surprised.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My cup 2’s have less than 500 miles on them and the local Ford dealer said that they must be replaced immediately due to low tread. I think I’ll trust the fact that they are brand new rather than believe some yahoo trying to up sale me after a $200 oil change.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 350R with PS2.

I really wouldnt expext these to last past 5-6k. Less if you drive aggressively. They're really really really soft. They'll pickup any chips and debris you can and can't see.

I'm sure you can stretch them out a bit more, but then you're risking a lot. They're designed for track use, and everything about them is awesome. If longevity is a factor, especially to control cost, steer clear of them.

The PS4 and PSS are awesome dailya and I got ^20k miles with my old PSS on my 350.
I just bought tires for my 2020HE. I only had 3k miles on the cup2’s but I do track the car. They probably had 1 or 2k left in them. I loved the cup2’s for the track but if you have a cold track they’re tough to get up to temp.
Fit is very good front and rear. 1/4” wider width and approximent reduced diameter of 1/4”.
Tram line has improved dramatically. Speedometer error 1-2 mph at 60mph. So far very happy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 350R with PS2.

You have a 2020 GT350”R” HE? Congrats to you!
I have a non R HE and track it also.
Awesome that your “R HE” is not a garage queen. I think most of them are being tucked away.
Come visit Sears Point for a play day!
Cheers!

·
Registered
46 Posts
My cup 2’s have less than 500 miles on them and the local Ford dealer said that they must be replaced immediately due to low tread. I think I’ll trust the fact that they are brand new rather than believe some yahoo trying to up sale me after a $200 oil change.
Yeah the inexperienced (with GT350's) tech at my Ford dealership told me the same thing on the first oil change, because they don't realize these tires start out with a tread depth that when compared to a "normal" tire, appears past the limit.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Incompetent dealer. Greedy service writer.

Check the wear bars in the widest groove on each tire.

I thought my new tires needed to be replaced. That's how they looked, from the factory. I can understand a DA service writer trying to sell tires claiming they need to go.

I'm over 7k miles. Wear bar on front says I've got a few thousand more. Wear bar on back says I have even more. I'm guessing I'll get 10k from fronts, 13k from rear.

I'll go 4S front when time comes. Might continue C2s in rear, as they are essentially cheater slicks. Cup 2s on front is too much for a daily driver.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Incompetent dealer. Greedy service writer.

Check the wear bars in the widest groove on each tire.

I thought my new tires needed to be replaced. That's how they looked, from the factory. I can understand a DA service writer trying to sell tires claiming they need to go.

I'm over 7k miles. Wear bar on front says I've got a few thousand more. Wear bar on back says I have even more. I'm guessing I'll get 10k from fronts, 13k from rear.

I'll go 4S front when time comes. Might continue C2s in rear, as they are essentially cheater slicks. Cup 2s on front is too much for a daily driver.
Where are you located Gamecock? Cup 2's shouldn't be driven in temps below 40 deg F. I love how they stick, but I'm also kind of nervous to get caught in a heavy downpour where they won't be able to evacuate enough water at 50-60 mph to avoid hydroplaning.
On my response above, I did check the wear bars, and it appears the rears aren't completely toast yet, but I must be driving more aggressively than y'all, because at most I have another 1500-2000 miles before they are (for a total of 5000-5500 mi).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Where did you track these down to buy?! Also, are they better for all weather/daily driving?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts