Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having this issue? The first time I cleaned the car, I noticed the outside corners of the spoiler had been contacting the trunk and chipped the paint!!! I had only opened and closed the trunk a couple of times, and would do so gently... no slamming. Unfortunately I didn't take any before pictures. After a fun battle getting the spoiler off, cleaning all the 3m tape, and fixing the paint chips, I placed clear sticker type protection over the affected areas. It didn't take long before I noticed one spot had chipped again on one side (driver side) under the protector. In hind sight I probably should have sanded the corners of the spoiler down more, but I thought a little bit would do the trick.
Hood Finger Bumper Vehicle door Tints and shades

Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Car

Motor vehicle Hood Car Automotive design Vehicle

My wife said I should have taken it to the dealer, but I didn't want the car taken apart and the trunk to be repainted yet... looks like that will be my only option, or I can try and fix it again myself.

·
Registered
2019 GT350 Shadow Black/White Stripes
46 Posts
The spoiler is attached too the trunk. So for it to be rubbing, maybe it was loosely attached, and moving.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is, with four bolts (if I remember correctly) and a crap ton of 3m double sided tape. The hardware seemed to be plenty tight, and I made sure to snug it up real good when I put it back together. Still hits in the corners and damages paint over time. Just sucks when you have a car like this and find crap like that. Nothing is perfect I guess. I've heard plenty of 350s with body fitment issues, but I still love the car.

·
Registered
2019 GT350 Shadow Black/White Stripes
46 Posts
Can't say I have this problem. And my car is Shadow Black, so any mark/chip, etc., would really stand out.
Maybe they screwed up alignment of the mounting holes either on trunk, or the spoiler.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts