Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ‘16 350 with Gen 2 Voodoo. Manuel says Sp 519 plugs. I have seen some videos where people are using Sp 549(if I recall). What are the correct plugs???
Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Motors only got about 9k. I’m getting misfire on cylinder 8 first 1k RPMs. Gonna try and change the plug see what that does.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Any thoughts??
I doubt it's the plug, but it would be helpful to know "exactly" what code you received. My GT350, 2017 with 30k on chassie and 15k on engine has been "plagued" with misfire codes. It's all been surrounding the many small pigtail wiring harnesses to cam timing sensors to coil packs to injectors. It's been as frustrating as any car (over 40) I have ever known. Multiple techs have told me they just don't see injectors, coil packs, or modules go back with the majority of lower mileage GT350s.

I can only assume these are crappy China sourced parts that do not hold up to higher rev applications and heat under hood. Whether it's vibration or something else I would have no clue. All I know it the car sits stored in winter and then spends the majority of the driving season in the Ford dealership. (at minimum after "every single" track event)

It's a shame. Every preceding Porsche I've owned (and one '15 Z/28 and one C6 Corvette) just about universally never let me down.

I want to LOVE this car SO much... but it's been a trying experience. I keep hoping this time is the last time and it's all worked itself out.

I am speaking from the "track guy" perspective... I do believe as a mellow street car they are fine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting! I will go through the process. Sorry you have been through the ringer. It’s just a pain in the ass because there’s only 9k on motor.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Interesting! I will go through the process. Sorry you have been through the ringer. It’s just a pain in the ass because there’s only 9k on motor.
I know, but I don't think the engine is that much of an issue -- certainly not as much as the internet makes it out to be. I know track use will shorten the life of the 5.2 VooDoo, but I believe if well cared for and used only on the street, it'll last for quite some time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts