Mustang GT350 Forums banner

So many used 2017 gt 350�s for sale

11K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  Howard 
#1 ·
So many used 2017 gt 350’s for sale

I’ve recently noticed there’s a bunch of low miles used 2017 gt 350’s for sale. I can’t understand why. I understand 2016’s being sold because of tech packs. Any thoughts??

#4 ·
I was wondering am I missing something here? At least personally I waited and hunted for months to find my car. I love every moment I drive it. So people are buying them new, Then to get rid of it soon after makes no sense to me. I’m seeing used 2017’s with 1100 miles for sale!? Crazy man....

#5 ·
Who knows? I suspect they are people who aren’t really “car guys”. I find the car is just what I wanted, but I’m sure it’s too raucous for some people (Recaros, exhaust note, etc.). The net effect is a lot of people will get a tremendous deal without eating the initial depreciation (I hope).

I have know some some guys that always had to have the newest, fastest, spotbike and would pay over MSRP to have it first. In 6 months they had the buy the next shiny thing. Dealers loved those guys. Maybe some of that going on here, too.

#9 ·
I’m glad there is this many for sale, as I hope to be into a 2017 in the next few months. If anyone is in the southern Indiana area, I would love to ride in a 350. Love the thoughts of this car.

Would love to put the drive train and interior of the new 350 in a 65 fastback I have. That would be something special.

#10 ·
My Ruby Red is like a high maintenance girlfriend, she is not going anywhere! I agree with tex929rr, maybe they weren't necessarily car guys. Someone told me once, if you can't afford the high maintenance costs down the road, don't buy it. I started out with a 2002 Mustang GT, then I went with a 2010 Roush 427R, and now I upgraded to my 2017 Shelby GT350. All three still in the family.

#11 ·
I agree that many who buy the 350 don't understand the car. They want something "cool". As a life long car guy with some road course experience, I LOVE this car. After a few track days, I appreciate it more than ever. This car rocks. Though you could do it, this car is not made for profiling or cruising. It's a driver. Mine is not for sale.

#12 ·
Hey and whatever the reason, it should allow folks who really want/appreciate this car to be able to get one! I've read the 2018 production run is going to be limited so there won't be as many 2018's hitting the lots.

ps...mine's not going anywhere soon either, I really like this mean. raspy, in your face, manual tranny butt kicking ride :)

#14 ·
I have no idea. I was going to purchase a used 16 or 17, but found a tech pack brand new 16 for sale at a hefty discount. Didn't know about the limp mode issue, but no complaints here because it's fixable and I have that peace of mind knowing I'm breaking in the engine properly! That's the scary part about used cars like this with low miles.. Could be very hard miles put on the car.

#16 ·
The two biggest reasons I’ve heard for selling the car are the recaro seats and prior gt 500 owners that own the gt 350 miss the low end gobs of torque. I’ve met two people at car shows that had 500’s bought a 350 had it for a short time and sold it.

#17 ·
I hear you sir, I too had a GT 500 but would not want it back over the GT350. No flame intended to any GT500 owner, but mine was a 1st year GT500 ('07) and while it was scary fast, it was SCARY fast :) Didn't handle nor brake worth a darn. I know that Ford has gradually improved the track-a-bility since then so likely no longer the case with the newer GT 500s...but still the GT350 strikes a very successful balance...not the fastest for sure, but fast enough and really capable in the handling dept!!

#18 · (Edited)
Here are my guesses (i'm not an owner ... yet) on why people might trade in their GT350.

If the engine sound doesn't TOTALLY seduce you it's just a 500 HP+ plastic Mustang at the cost of 2x Mustang GTs.
Buyers didn't get to drive it or even sit in it before buying (see video on next line).
Older buyers might find it is too hard to get into and out of. ( https://tinyurl.com/ydbwepjh )
People might not like the Recaro seats or the lack of a back seat (young family).
It's not as speedy (12+ on the 1/4 mile) as even the 2018 GT PP2 (high 11's).
A lot of cars have 300-2000 miles which to me indicates 3-4 track days + commuting + tradein
The car has a lot of power which might scare some owners.
Multi-car owners might not like learning to rev between 4000-8000 rpm for torque or having to change their driving style
The 2016 owners seeing the 2017 track-pack(required) price-bump might believe their car has appreciated
The 2016 owners without track pack might want a 2017 magnaride or may not realize that aftermarket oil coolers exist
Mustang GT move-up buyers might not realize that the engine isn't as upgradeable as with the GT.
The GT500 is coming soon and owners wanting that car might trade their GT350 early to dodge a drop in value.
The rave reviews ( https://tinyurl.com/y8rebqgt https://tinyurl.com/ycwf2was ) are all for the GT350r which is probably better because the carbon rims make the steering far more nimble.
The car costs as much as a BMW M2 which is arguably as good on the track but is far more practical (https://tinyurl.com/yc5x7v2a )

#21 ·
Mine is coming in July. My shopping journey started over six months ago. I was looking at the "normal" 5.0 Mustang. But I made the mistake of test driving a 17' GT 350. The snake bit me. More research and my course was altered. Living in California, I was competing with those who were willing to pay the dealer mark up. That's not me. I thought I'd never buy a new car. The first year depreciation is something I thought I couldn't stomach. But these cars are special. I almost pulled the trigger on one with 5k miles. But, not knowing who and how those miles were put on the car has led me to buy new. I found a dealer who is selling it to me for MSRP. I'm so excited. Magnetic Grey- No Stripes- Black Roof.

#22 ·
I got lucky and found a brand new, never sold, GT350 at a dealership near where I live. 38 miles on odometer. One test drive and I knew I was going to trade in my 2016 GT with Ford Performance Stage 3 package. No regrets plus I actually got mine below MSRP; rebates from warranties on 2016. I think observations here are correct. I know two guys who bought 07 GT500's and had no idea what they were getting. Both kept them about a year or so and then sold them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.