Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I’ve got minor issue (I hope), with my brand new GT350 2020. When I turn wheels fully during parking maneuvers, strange mechanical snap appears (sound + little shock to steering wheel) always near to edge position. Is it usual? There are many mechanical sounds typical for this car, I know, but I am not sure if this one is one of the kind. It is not a disaster, only I would like to discuss either You have similar experience.

Thanks a lot for response.

·
Registered
2019 GT350 Shadow Black/White Stripes
30 Posts
Is this while the car is stationary, or whiles the wheels are moving? I ask because I've never had to turn the wheels fully, while not really moving even at a slow roll. The tires on these cars are so wide, and so grippy, that trying to turn them while not rolling they'll drag along the pavement. Maybe it's the tires snapping free after them dragging on the pavement while stationary.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I notice it always at slow motion during rolling backwards to house garage coming back from ride. Generally, I always try to move car at least little when I turn steering wheel. Nevertheless, maybe You are right despite. Motion is too slow, turning too sharp, tires are hot and grippy - maybe there is some friction (sticking) brakeing which causes shocks. I will chcek it also with cold tires in various speeds on various surfaces. Thank You for tip.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I will say I haven't heard anything like that on my 2018. Only time I hear the tires is when I'm turning on my epoxy garage floor, and even then, doesn't sound any different from my Raptor.

I would have someone stand with their head down near each side and test it to see if they can locate where the sound is coming from.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Without hearing the sound, I would say probably because you have a two piece rotor. My Hellcat used to do that around sharp corners. It's just clicking from the rotor, which is a result of the two piece rotor moving ever so slightly between the two pieces, and nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Exactly You wrote - mechanical clicking. It doesn’t sound somehow sick, fortunatelly. I hope that’s it. I am happy to read someone has similar experience. US cars are very exotic where I live and my specialized dealer is far. I will visit him just on late autumn for oil change and inspection. Therefore thank You for information.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Exactly You wrote - mechanical clicking. It doesn’t sound somehow sick, fortunatelly. I hope that’s it. I am happy to read someone has similar experience. US cars are very exotic where I live and my specialized dealer is far. I will visit him just on late autumn for oil change and inspection. Therefore thank You for information.
Is your plate Slovakia?

Crazy to hear US cars are exotic, but you purchased probably one of the most exotic US made cars, even for US standards!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, it is registered in Slovakia delivered and bought in Czech republic. There is company specialized for individual delivery of US cars and its service. The most of US cars especially performance cars they are not allowed to be delivered to EU market officially (massively) due to crazy EU emission limits which are tighter and tighter each period. But fortunatelly, You can buy it at least like individual person and this company will help You to find contractor in USA or CAN for what You wish and accomodate all - purchase, transport, rebuild to EU standards, approval of exceptions from EU standards for registration, etc. The car is finally almost 2 times more expensive than in US, but still cheapper than EU sport cars in same performance range. So it is policy, I am sure. If US sport cars were allowed to be delivered to EU market, they would totally mess situation in sport cars segment.
It partly happened in 2015 when Ford USA for the first time in history started to deliver MUSTANG GT officially. Result? Best selling sport car in Germany! :-D. So they quickly approved more strict emission standards.
I am very happy to own GT350. It is phenomenal car containing wildness and flare which EU cars lost long time, ago. You are renegade and outcast when You drive it here. I enjoy it very, very, very,... :-D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes, it is registered in Slovakia delivered and bought in Czech republic. There is company specialized for individual delivery of US cars and its service. The most of US cars especially performance cars they are not allowed to be delivered to EU market officially (massively) due to crazy EU emission limits which are tighter and tighter each period. But fortunatelly, You can buy it at least like individual person and this company will help You to find contractor in USA or CAN for what You wish and accomodate all - purchase, transport, rebuild to EU standards, approval of exceptions from EU standards for registration, etc. The car is finally almost 2 times more expensive than in US, but still cheapper than EU sport cars in same performance range. So it is policy, I am sure. If US sport cars were allowed to be delivered to EU market, they would totally mess situation in sport cars segment.
It partly happened in 2015 when Ford USA for the first time in history started to deliver MUSTANG GT officially. Result? Best selling sport car in Germany! :-D. So they quickly approved more strict emission standards.
I am very happy to own GT350. It is phenomenal car containing wildness and flare which EU cars lost long time, ago. You are renegade and outcast when You drive it here. I enjoy it very, very, very,... :-D
Very cool. Love seeing American cars all over! Enjoy your ride, and don't sweat the clicking too much! I also discovered the brakes like to seal up tight if you wash the car, then put it away for a week or more at a time. It pops pretty loud when that seal is broken.

Unrelated, we have to deal with the same crap in the US, but with safety regulations. I really want an R34 Skyline, but the safety regulations in the US mean the car is not allowed to be sold here for 25 years after its MFG date. So the first R34 can be sold here (legally) starting in 2024 without modifying it to meet US regulations (Which just add weight).

The engine at factory is 320 hp, and with minimal mods, can produce over 600 hp.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hello,

I’ve got minor issue (I hope), with my brand new GT350 2020. When I turn wheels fully during parking maneuvers, strange mechanical snap appears (sound + little shock to steering wheel) always near to edge position. Is it usual? There are many mechanical sounds typical for this car, I know, but I am not sure if this one is one of the kind. It is not a disaster, only I would like to discuss either You have similar experience.

Thanks a lot for response.
I do hear something that sounds like a knuckle popping in my 2018 ... it is when the car is cold & when I'm pulling out of the garage, steering wheel about 3/4 turned ... coming back to straight I hear a lil pop? Hasn't been an issue....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts