Mustang GT350 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I am seriously looking to get myself a GT350R (love the flat crankshaft).

Important information: I want to buy this car to mainly race track and not really for every day (I have my Raptor for that :p).

My dealer is pushing me to get their 2019 GT350R ($77K before taxes) but I found some 2017 model with about 3K miles for about $55K.

Do you think the 2019 model is really has a really big difference? I see it has better suspension and some other "race" features.

I am still a beginner in race track and I am not sure I will feel the benefits.
Also, I am considering to upgrade the car with bi-turbo from Fathouse or if I am super lucky, getting the hpe850 from Hennessey.

If anyone has experienced the 2019 model vs older model, please let know what do you think :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was doing research, and yes the 2019 does have many upgrades for GT350. I am not sure 100% of GT 350R's from older years to the most current year. But I would think it would have incorporated all of those changes as well.

I decided to not get the R because I do not plan to race it on the track much. Just love driving this car as my daily. Just puts a smile on my face and also like the back seat option.... even though it is tight, I was surprised my two kids can fit back there (for now).

But I always prefer to buy new. You never know how the car was driven. I am told the first 1k miles, you need to keep it under 4 - 5k rpm and do mostly city driving and to avoid long highway drives so the rings seat properly. Keep the oil consumption to a minimum.

·
Registered
20 Posts
More cost effective to buy a Clean GT350 and Build it up. That’s what I did and now race it periodically at the Road Courses. Whipple Blown, Modified Half Shafts and One piece main Driveshaft and you are ready to Race and have fun. Aprox Outlay in Cost= $12,000. 👍💪😎

·
Registered
109 Posts
Many 2016-2018 owner's have had track failures/oil issues. The 2019 is now using the GT500 engine block and the oil filter has changed to a canister type to stop blowing out all of your oil on the track. That being said, not every 2016-2018 are having these issues. However, there were enough complaints that the 2019 changes were made to address and stop these types of track issues. Your call really. Good luck.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi everyone!

I am seriously looking to get myself a GT350R (love the flat crankshaft).

Important information: I want to buy this car to mainly race track and not really for every day (I have my Raptor for that :p).

My dealer is pushing me to get their 2019 GT350R ($77K before taxes) but I found some 2017 model with about 3K miles for about $55K.

Do you think the 2019 model is really has a really big difference? I see it has better suspension and some other "race" features.

I am still a beginner in race track and I am not sure I will feel the benefits.
Also, I am considering to upgrade the car with bi-turbo from Fathouse or if I am super lucky, getting the hpe850 from Hennessey.

If anyone has experienced the 2019 model vs older model, please let know what do you think :D

One more quick thought, the 2017 with 3k miles on it has already been broken in by another driver. You don't know if they knew how to drive it properly for break in. Do you want to potentially take on someone else's issues?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Didn’t Ford switch to the canister type oil filter during the 2017 model year? What is difference between the 2019 engine block and the 2015-2018 block?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts