Mustang GT350 Forums banner

Security System for GT350?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  johnny1 
Anyone have any thoughts or recommendations on security systems? I've been looking at Clifford and they seem to have several options for their different systems but I haven't checked anything else. Thanks...
I checked into that with my high-end stereo install place that I use here in San Diego, they work on Lambos/Bentley/Ferraris on a daily basis..
Anyway what I was told is with the electronics that these new cars have they really don't like aftermarket security systems, it plays havoc with the car's system.
What they are using/installing is the Lojack system, if your car is tampered with it will alert you on your phone and if stolen you can track it.
It's a 1-time cost of $1k installed, no monthly subscription.
If I had an extra grand to burn right now I would get it installed, but I'm not too worried about my car because it's not my daily driver and it's never left alone anywhere.
but that's my advice. Let us know what you get.

Hey guys on another note I asked my same stereo shop about possibly replacing with stock speakers with more powerful aftermarket ones, I wasn't too impressed with the lack of lower-range sound at medium volume level.
I was told this is not possible. The Shaker speaker/amp system integrated with the exhaust sound somehow, and if you try to use any other speaker system with the Shaker amp it will create a very undesirable feedback sound which has been described as if you were in a sedan and the the 2 back windows cracked and it creates that rumble on your ears..
He said until they create a module that will allow the install for aftermarket speakers we are stuck with the Shakers.
I've found that the Shaker system isn't too bad, the volume just has to be cranked up to get a desirable sound. At lower levels it sounds a bit tinty to me.
I know a lot of you guys couldn't care less about the stereo, I'm a music guy so..
A little off the topic of alarms but it's just an FYI while I thought of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.