Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GT350R HE
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Last GT350R was stolen. I just got the check from the insurance company. There's really nothing else out there I want, so I'm going to get back into a GT350R.

I found a Heritage package that's fully loaded. I noticed this one has the perimeter alarm on it. Does anyone have any experience with that alarm? Is it worth a damn. What's good and bad about it.

Also, does anyone have experience with an GPS systems? I was looking into Kahu and LoJack. From what I understand the LoJack is more of a recovery system; it's tied in directly with the police system. The Kahu is a little more versatile and you can setup Geofences, set alarms if the car moves w/out a FOB, see where your car is on an app.

Anyone able to chime in on this?

·
Registered
134 Posts
From Ford:

"The perimeter alarm helps provide security for the parked vehicle and its contents by monitoring unauthorized entry of the doors, hood or trunk/​liftgate whenever the vehicle is locked. If unauthorized entry is detected, the system will sound the horn and flash the hazard lights."

·
Registered
74 Posts
I use a stolen vehicle recovery system called "THEFT PATROL". Hopefully I will never need it but it does allow me to set up geo fences. It came installed on the car when I bought it. A bit expensive @ $200/year but I feel safe!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All,

Last GT350R was stolen. I just got the check from the insurance company. There's really nothing else out there I want, so I'm going to get back into a GT350R.

I found a Heritage package that's fully loaded. I noticed this one has the perimeter alarm on it. Does anyone have any experience with that alarm? Is it worth a damn. What's good and bad about it.

Also, does anyone have experience with an GPS systems? I was looking into Kahu and LoJack. From what I understand the LoJack is more of a recovery system; it's tied in directly with the police system. The Kahu is a little more versatile and you can setup Geofences, set alarms if the car moves w/out a FOB, see where your car is on an app.

Anyone able to chime in on this?
My son has a GT350R Heritage on his lot at Price Ford of Turlock in CA

·
Registered
2020 GT350R HE
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you sir.

Despite not being the biggest fan of the Heritage Edition I'm getting one. I am not a fan of the stripes, but it looked really damn nice when I saw it in person.

I did have to pay over market value, but it was a (fair) compromise with the dealer. They're all marked up to 90+K right now, and I'm sure the prices will only go up as inventory shrinks. I'll post pictures when I get it in. This one is fully loaded with the exposed carbon dash.

I am going to find out more about the security system that's installed. I'll post some update after I use it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
"I am not a fan of the stripes"

Don't hide your candle under a bushel. Many kids and others will appreciate your showing off.

I didn't want stripes. Spring of 2016, I saw my first GT350 on the road. My heart leapt. And it dawned on me. GT350 owners have a duty to get others' hearts to leap. Share the joy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts