Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I recently purchased a new 2017 GT 350 - was happy with the price and really could not get over the all black so went with the 2017. I want to get the oil separators installed and am not great mechanically, plus i figure for warranty it is best to have dealer to the install. To that end, I reaching out to Seattle area owners to maybe get some recommendations on where to get service given not alot of the GT 350 around want to make sure the one I go to has a team that knows what they are doing. it seems most dealers don't sell many of these and the one I purchased from, although they carry more than most, the service department is not easy to get in touch with so I plan to move on with from them.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Stadle

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I also recently purchased a new all black 2017 GT350 in Seattle, from Harris Ford. So far the only thing I've had their service department do is install the splitter. After reading the horror stories about improper dealer splitter installs and the thing flying off on the freeway or racetrack, I was a little concerned about it, but they did a great job. I've been in touch with them about some other things and they have been easy to contact. I typically have Bickford Ford in Snohomish service my 2009 Ranger so will probably have them do anything on the GT350 I can't handle. Can't confirm but I have heard they have a tech specifically trained to work on GT350's.

I immediately installed FP oil separators on both sides and it was very easy. Unless you are seriously tracking the car you will not need the driver side separator, got a super deal on a driver side piece so just did it. I would encourage you to try it yourself, super easy.

Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Dave. I could probably figure out the install but part of what I am trying to do is build a history showing dealer service in the event there are issues in the future. If you DIY on maintenance that is one thing they can point at to try and avoid warranty coverage. not sure it is worth that risk on a 20k engine over a couple hundred bucks. But, that is just my opinion.

Thanks again, I should have checked Bickford, I know they carry some Roush Mustangs as well. so makes sense they would have someone trained up correctly.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi

I recently purchased a new 2017 GT 350 - was happy with the price and really could not get over the all black so went with the 2017. I want to get the oil separators installed and am not great mechanically, plus i figure for warranty it is best to have dealer to the install. To that end, I reaching out to Seattle area owners to maybe get some recommendations on where to get service given not alot of the GT 350 around want to make sure the one I go to has a team that knows what they are doing. it seems most dealers don't sell many of these and the one I purchased from, although they carry more than most, the service department is not easy to get in touch with so I plan to move on with from them.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Stadle
Bickford Ford is in Snohomish. They have a Certified mechanic for GT 350, 500, Rousch, Saleen, etc. Worth the trip they have handled some tough issues with mine and they can answer any question I throw at them. Just don't ever go to Marysville Ford...worst dealer ever! Other dealers will tell you they have an actual certified mechanic but Bickford's knows all Mustangs inside and out. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks HOW for the feedback. i have things on order with Bickford. hope to get her in there next week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts