Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to put a few miles on my 2017 and compare it to my old 2008 GT 500.

The 35o makes no where near the power my 2008 did but it actually feels better because it hooks up much better.

You wind the 5.2 out and that thing really comes alive over 4K rpm !!

I am glad I took the plunge- really enjoying the car

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nice posting and I like you have had more powerful cars and actually sold my Hellcats recently. Yes, actually I like the GT for the true road car fun over the straight line crazy HP my Hellcats had. And interestingly I drove my GT for about a month and then parked her. I jumped into my Challenger HC and was like damn this thing is a tank lol. I am a multiple brand car person and respect all fun cause we only have one time around and if you can get around with lots of different rides then enjoy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My cousin is looking at caymans and vettes. I love cars, all cars. I hate shopping beyond what's reasonable, but I cam spend all day looking at cars and never get bored. So I've been researching Caymans and Vettes with him. And I keep comparing, did I make the right decision? And i keep coming back to, i totally made the right decision. The more i research the happier i am.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I heard the vette's engin rev and this one. I was like lol, too funny the Vette sounds weak. I solely bought the car primarily on engine noise. Of course, the benefits were high hp, sick exhaust, and just whatever you can name just add it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I heard the vette's engin rev and this one. I was like lol, too funny the Vette sounds weak. I solely bought the car primarily on engine noise. Of course, the benefits were high hp, sick exhaust, and just whatever you can name just add it.
I hear you there. Sound was definitely a factor for me as well, albeit not the primary one, but it helped. The HP also wasn't really the main factor. What sold me was the handling and cooling. I was tracking a 2016 GT with a performance package before I traded it in for my GT350, the handling was a step up from the previous version, but still felt a little tight. And the heat I was generating in the differential, was starting to bother me, with this car, none of that. I knew it had more power, and that's always the first thing people ask, "What's the horsepower?". But that honestly isn't what excited me. It was the track-ability and the overall balance.

I think the IMSA Contentinental Series speaks for itself in terms of the capabilities of what this car can do. On top of the standings ahead of chevy, mercedes, bmw, porsche, audi, mclaren and aston martin.

Thumbs up to Ford, the hit the mark on this one. Also, just hit 8500 miles on my 2017 GT350, and still no end to loving this car.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Luv Porsche's but the cost of ownership is crazy compared to a Shelby or Vette. Service on a Cayman beyond expensive.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Stock for stock your 2008 made 500 crank hp and the gt350 makes 526 hp. So not making as much power, I don't think so...... It just disperses it differently.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts