Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a lot of comments about putting the car away for the winter, and how they can't be aggressive in colder weather because the tires don't warm up enough to stick. We don't really have winter where i am I Texas, but we do get cold sometimes. How warm does it need to be to safely push the car a little. And are wet roads no go with the Michelin tires?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Owner's manual has 40 F as the floor for the Michelina. I have driven in wet with no real problems, but didn't push it. If you have a good amount of tread on the tires, you should be ok.
Wide tires with marginal tread will hydroplane in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I am not willing to find out. Last year I drove to work entirely on the frontage road under 40 degrees, in SA. Tires slipped a little bit, and I was not trying to push it. That was the only car I had at the time. Now I have my old 2002 GT back. as for the rain, not issues here, but I do avoid the left lane when it is raining a lot in San Antonio. Water tends to pool there, especially on I-10. My 2010 Roush 427R would hydroplane, so I learned with that car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts