Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a great time on our 2-week, 4K mile road trip along a stretch of Route 66. While on the road, I lost the syncho in 5th gear, which is my least used since I don't tend to get above 4th around town or on the track and I cruise in 6th gear.

A little internet sleuthing shows that this seems to be a rare failure. The car has 19K miles and 12 track days. It is still under the factory warranty, so I'm expecting Ford will cover it. I'm thinking it might be prudent to pay a bit extra to replace the clutch and bearings while the transmission is out. The dealership won't perform an upgrade to an aftermarket shifter - I asked that during the shifter recall.

Anything else I should consider while we're in there?

Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle Sky

Plant Natural landscape Mountain Tree Sky

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Window Electricity Font Facade City

Drinking establishment Furniture Building Lighting Barware

Sky World Wood Art Terrestrial plant

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Cloud

Cloud Sky Tire Wheel Car

Cloud Sky Tree Natural landscape Plant

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The stock Ford shifter (with the recall mods) is in the car.

When the Ford recall for the GT350 shifter was done, I had read about the increased robustness of the MGW billet shifter. I asked the dealership about installing that shifter instead of the Ford unit, but they were not willing to do that. That's fine with me because I think the stock shifter works great.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The stock Ford shifter (with the recall mods) is in the car.

When the Ford recall for the GT350 shifter was done, I had read about the increased robustness of the MGW billet shifter. I asked the dealership about installing that shifter instead of the Ford unit, but they were not willing to do that. That's fine with me because I think the stock shifter works great.
(y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts