Mustang GT350 Forums banner

Reverse lock out collar on the GT350

8K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  YBLEHSGT350 
#1 ·
Question, I've seen where the reverse lock out collars on the Mustangs can break and leave you w/o reverse capabilities (due to being cheap plastic) anyone know if we have the same or are ours different? Steeda sells a billet replacement and I'd rather replace now than wait for it to fail...especially with all the shifting we do in the GT350...I'm planning on doing the shifter buzz repair soon and would do it at the same time...

#2 ·
I was wondering the same thing when I saw the Steeda version. Looked at stock and hard to imagine breaking it with normal use. I got a new shift handle and was also wondering if I should replace this collar. Haven’t read any treads about breakage?

#12 ·
Hey racer172, I'd be interested in a "degree of difficulty" report after you install the MGW shifter. I'm thinking about putting one in the GT and after that in the GT350. Thanks!
I will definitely give you feedback on the install. Not going to happen this week cause I'm getting ready to ride my motorcycle up the coast to Laguna Seca for World Superbike, 5 day trip on the bike, love this trip every year!

#11 ·
I installed an MGW in my C7 Corvette three years ago. Made a huge difference and was easy to install without lifting the car. Our linkage is way better than the stock Vette. I'm tempted because MGW is like a bolt action rifle, but it's a bigger job on these cars. May stay stock, it's really good I think.

#14 ·
I’ve completely lost the ability to use the reverse lock out collar, it became extremely stiff after a short road trip, I forced it up to get it in reverse Afterwards it worked fine for several days but then quit working all together, I can still get into reverse fine but finding 1st can be tricky, planning to get it in as soon as time allows.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.