Mustang GT350 Forums banner

Reverse lock out collar on the GT350

8K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  YBLEHSGT350 
#1 ·
Question, I've seen where the reverse lock out collars on the Mustangs can break and leave you w/o reverse capabilities (due to being cheap plastic) anyone know if we have the same or are ours different? Steeda sells a billet replacement and I'd rather replace now than wait for it to fail...especially with all the shifting we do in the GT350...I'm planning on doing the shifter buzz repair soon and would do it at the same time...

Discussion starter · #3 ·
By the way, I did speak with Steeda about the billet reverse lock out collar and it will not fit the GT350...they are looking into it an may have one for our cars late 1st qtr. 2018...

Discussion starter · #6 ·
The reverse collar on the Shelby’s is fairly stout piece. Why fix something that ain’t broke ???
You will end up doing more harm than good messing with a perfectly good shifter.
Dave, I don't think the part that would be subject to fail is the actual "visible" collar, but the plastic base pieces that snap together. When I had mine apart last weekend doing the spring buzz repair, that's the piece that looked most likely to fail...hopefully not, but am going to keep an eye out...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.