Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally had the resonators removed.

Highly recommended as, IMO, the exhaust sounds better that stock GT350. My sense is cracklier on decelerations and a bit more aggressive overall.

What was I waiting for ?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Is ford warrantying the engine after the whipple is installed? How much are we talking cash are we talking about? What does the dyno report after it's been done? I'm surprised they didn't make the GT500 with the 5.2 FPC. What a unicorn...

·
Registered
502 Posts
After my Whipple blower I removed the resonators like you did and it’s so loud I feel like I’m in a NASCAR but I love the sound magnifies it; The only problem I can’t hear my Whipple blower. �� �� ��
Strut Crossover Brace? Looks like you need a modified version. Wouldn’t push front end to hard without it....

·
Registered
502 Posts
After my Whipple blower I removed the resonators like you did and it’s so loud I feel like I’m in a NASCAR but I love the sound magnifies it; The only problem I can’t hear my Whipple blower. 😂 😎 💪
Strut Crossover Brace? Looks like you need a modified version. Wouldn’t push front end to hard without it....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After my Whipple blower I removed the resonators like you did and it’s so loud I feel like I’m in a NASCAR but I love the sound magnifies it; The only problem I can’t hear my Whipple blower.
ROTFL.

We have such difficult existences, do we not ? I will admit I feel (a little) guilty when I cold start early in the mornings. Somehow I get over it.

I suggest installation of a sound tube from your blower to your sound system amp; then you can balance between intake and exhaust.

;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
How hard was it to install and how long did the process take? I have a official Roush Dealer near me that I've spoken about getting Roush supercharger
installed, but waiting on him to return my call. I live in WV and have researched Whipple but finding someone to install is my problem??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Highly recommend Resonator Delete had mine installed recently, wow what a difference! Louder and more throat
I had my resonators cut out and just had matching stainless steel pipes welded in. I love the way it snap crackle pops!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Resonator delete will add extreme more noise if you’re willing to deal with it in the car, but it sounds so much more throatier and “Pops” a lot more. Just cut the resonators out and put stainless steel pipes to replace it and you’re good to go, easy fix. Finding a good mechanic to do your supercharger is the key to getting it done correctly and a good Dyno mechanic to set the tune right. It will be an all day job 8 to 10 hours job I prefer Whipple blowers due to the fact the performance and reliability and instant launch off make it as more superior supercharger than Roush. All the major manufacturers make good blowers some prefer others, but Whipple been around a lot longer, but you have to choose which will be best for you, good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank for info on superchargers, i want the whipple, with no doubt, so i’ve started asking around (car guys) like us if they know of anyone in my area WV. so at least i’ve can get what info i need, via mechanic and dyno. i even did search on whipple web site and went with max 250 miles from my location and got 0!! I’m ready to order but you see what my problem is, i would even travel to Ohio, KY. VA. if anyone has any info on this would b greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Make sure that you know how you are going to use the car - I changed to the billet oil pump with the blower install for super spirited driving with the occasional track event - it was another 15 hours and should be a must for the power that our Whipple's pound out - just an FYI - and the passenger side catch can - needs modified, so you don't blow smoke when you jump on it -

a few small things that are not in the manual - I would also buy from Whipple and secure the proper tune (they need your ECU and then will email you the tune) and ask for the Lower Red Drop mounts for the engine so you can use your strut tower brace

1 - 15 of 15 Posts