Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've hunted for a thread, topic or something on the H pipe resonator delete that shiftech makes for the 350 and 350R. I have always been a huge fan of H pipes over X's on all my older mustangs i've owned. Wanted to know people's thoughts on going with this delete over the X and if anyone had any information on it at all ....such as sound? And whether or not your happy with it if you do in fact have it?

Before I came across this I was buying the X pipe from them but now I just don't know if I should be the Guinea pig here and take a shot with the H as it seems that nobody has gone this route yet.

Posted below is the link to the H pipe and there is a sound clip below and the H does seem to sound pretty sweet and deeper, just like it has done in the past for my other stangs.

Thoughts my peeps ................????

https://shifteck.myshopify.com/products/shifteck-resonator-delete-h-pipe-gt350

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dude, I love the exhaust note so much I hadn't thought about it. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out
I really do to - it's great stock no doubt about it, but I never leave well enough alone - so we shall see what direction I go. However I have sometime to decide as she sleeps through the winter.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The only disadvantage to the H versus the X is exhaust scavenging. The H is not as good, but the difference in performance shouldn't be too drastic. Ultimately it comes down to preference.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys I've hunted for a thread, topic or something on the H pipe resonator delete that shiftech makes for the 350 and 350R. I have always been a huge fan of H pipes over X's on all my older mustangs i've owned. Wanted to know people's thoughts on going with this delete over the X and if anyone had any information on it at all ....such as sound? And whether or not your happy with it if you do in fact have it?

Before I came across this I was buying the X pipe from them but now I just don't know if I should be the Guinea pig here and take a shot with the H as it seems that nobody has gone this route yet.

Posted below is the link to the H pipe and there is a sound clip below and the H does seem to sound pretty sweet and deeper, just like it has done in the past for my other stangs.

Thoughts my peeps ................????

Shifteck Resonator Delete H-Pipe GT350/GT350R
Old thread, but I had the Steeda H-Pipe resonator delete installed this week. Their website has great video comparisons for their H-Pipe and X-Pipes idling, revving, and doing drive-by's. I preferred the sound of the H-Pipe plus I thought the construction looked a bit more sturdy with a little brace welded on. The sound is basically no different under normal mode (except for at startup when that initial shriek is ridiculous, in a good way). It's a little louder at idle or moderate throttle in loud mode. And it's a good bit louder under full throttle. All of these were exactly what I was looking for. Anyone else have feedback to share?

·
Registered
16 Posts
It would be cool to hear from @HELLFIRE and see which way he went. I too looked at the Steeda set up. I went with the Corsa because IMO it best replicated the R's sounds, just slightly less rasp. My wife was not pleased with the stock sound vs coming from her Roush, too quiet she said lol. There was an R model the dealership fired up and moved while we were waiting to finalize the deal on our car. She liked the way the R sounded. The Corsa also had something I hadn't seen before, where it connected a couple times through the section. It also had a nice brace with laser engraving which I really liked, but sadly no one can see it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am just about to have my resonators removed and like hetzerr, purchased 7 feet of 2.75" stainless to match what the factory did on the "R". After a lot of reading, hearing the factory "cast X section" was of higher quality than the aftermarket versions, that only the 2.75" diameter retained the factory tone etc., I felt it was just the logical way to go IF one wanted to mimic the sound of the GT350R. The sound of the 5.2 Voodoo was a big aspect to my purchase, not a Coyote sound... which is what I've heard people say the "H" pipe leans more towards. (but in no way can confirm)

I can't wait to hear the car with the delete.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am just about to have my resonators removed and like hetzerr, purchased 7 feet of 2.75" stainless to match what the factory did on the "R". After a lot of reading, hearing the factory "cast X section" was of higher quality than the aftermarket versions, that only the 2.75" diameter retained the factory tone etc., I felt it was just the logical way to go IF one wanted to mimic the sound of the GT350R. The sound of the 5.2 Voodoo was a big aspect to my purchase, not a Coyote sound... which is what I've heard people say the "H" pipe leans more towards. (but in no way can confirm)

I can't wait to hear the car with the delete.
My GT350 sounds NOTHING LIKE MY GT COYOTE DID WITH H-PIPE!
Old thread, but I had the Steeda H-Pipe resonator delete installed this week. Their website has great video comparisons for their H-Pipe and X-Pipes idling, revving, and doing drive-by's. I preferred the sound of the H-Pipe plus I thought the construction looked a bit more sturdy with a little brace welded on. The sound is basically no different under normal mode (except for at startup when that initial shriek is ridiculous, in a good way). It's a little louder at idle or moderate throttle in loud mode. And it's a good bit louder under full throttle. All of these were exactly what I was looking for. Anyone else have feedback to share?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts