Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after numerous scrapes, I had an "encounter" with is raised side of a manhole cover that sliced my front splitter. You have to be quite low to see it, but there's tear in it, and I know its there.

Question is, how hard to replace? It appears to be rivetted in? I've had the sides apart as one was wrong when I got the car. I've also had the whole front bumper off swapping signal lights. I seem to recall the belly pan is rivetted to the front?

Anyone swap these out and have some direction? Regular 2017 GT350.

Thanks.

·
Registered
241 Posts
just bolted on - can be done on jack stands - the little clips will bust your knuckles - but overall easy - I have done it a few times - and have an extra R splitter with a ding in it that i will list soon

·
Registered
502 Posts
just bolted on - can be done on jack stands - the little clips will bust your knuckles - but overall easy - I have done it a few times - and have an extra R splitter with a ding in it that i will list soon

I’d be interested in the dinged R spoiler?

·
Registered
241 Posts
2018 - I have most of the screws, but they use the same as the standard GT350 - My Bodyshop guy said that a wedge and a heat gun would fix it up with little effort since it's off the car - $400 and I will cover shipping - I was going to add it to eBay this weekend with a GT350 Car Cover. I didn't see a 4X4 at the back of the garage and nosed it in that day - I always back in except that one day for a $1500 mistake

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Synthetic rubber Grey Automotive exterior Automotive tire Tints and shades Rectangle Bumper Automotive exterior Composite material Rim Personal luxury car Hood Automotive tire Grille Trunk Vehicle

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2018 - I have most of the screws, but they use the same as the standard GT350 - My Bodyshop guy said that a wedge and a heat gun would fix it up with little effort since it's off the car - $400 and I will cover shipping - I was going to add it to eBay this weekend with a GT350 Car Cover. I didn't see a 4X4 at the back of the garage and nosed it in that day - I always back in except that one day for a $1500 mistake

View attachment 11964 View attachment 11966 View attachment 11968 View attachment 11970

That poor splitter is BEAT!! Was that from daily driving or at a track?

I have a half inch hole on the bottom and I'm replacing lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pulled in the garage and hit a block of wood - 4X4 - no track - and compared to most that are damanged - this is light and repairable
If this car came with anything extra, I'd love a nose camera. My wife's Explorer Sport has one, not that it needs it. For the extra few ounces of weight, it would be handy for parking.

I managed to score a new regular splitter on Ebay for $250, so at least I have a spare. I'd be interested in learning how to clean these up. I have a few scuff, and a little split on the bottom.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a question if anyone has gotten involved with the splitter....

I just bought a gt350 as an "end of year new 2019 year blow out" but as a new car, they did NOT install the front splitter yet. It will be shipped to me from out of state on a car carrier.
That said, he said it is up to me if they instal the spitter or not.

Should I let the dealer do the work, or is there a risk to it having to go on/ off the car carrier getting hit (I assume that's why they are not pre-installed)?

I am not all that mechanically savvy, but if it's a bolt on, maybe anyone can do it (????)

thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a question if anyone has gotten involved with the splitter....

I just bought a gt350 as an "end of year new 2019 year blow out" but as a new car, they did NOT install the front splitter yet. It will be shipped to me from out of state on a car carrier.
That said, he said it is up to me if they instal the spitter or not.

Should I let the dealer do the work, or is there a risk to it having to go on/ off the car carrier getting hit (I assume that's why they are not pre-installed)?

I am not all that mechanically savvy, but if it's a bolt on, maybe anyone can do it (????)

thanks!

·
Registered
241 Posts
It's not too hard - the front snaps on and then there are 15-18 screws - the hardest part is pulling the inner fenders back and getting in the security clips - you will need it either up in the air on a lift, but in all reality, it should be installed to comply with Fords delivery protocol - so I would make the dealer install it or pay your local dealer to manage the cortesy delivery aspect of your purchase

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just got a leftover 19 and had it shipped w the splitter on. I confirmed with the shipper that they could handle a car with a 4" clearance up front. Everything was fine. Didn't want to deal w the hassle of scheduling an appointment to have it installed at the local dealer if it would fit on the transport w no issues.

I used to go through splitters pretty routinely on my GT3. So much so, I kept spares around. They were cheap though. Around $200 and it took about 10 mins to install.

How expensive is this piece of plastic on the 350R?

·
Registered
241 Posts
after doing a few for myself and a few for buddies it's not that hard but Ford should pay 100% for this at your closest dealer - they can run it as a Partial Courtesy Delivery and with less than an hour you shoulld be on your way :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts