Mustang GT350 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after numerous scrapes, I had an "encounter" with is raised side of a manhole cover that sliced my front splitter. You have to be quite low to see it, but there's tear in it, and I know its there.

Question is, how hard to replace? It appears to be rivetted in? I've had the sides apart as one was wrong when I got the car. I've also had the whole front bumper off swapping signal lights. I seem to recall the belly pan is rivetted to the front?

Anyone swap these out and have some direction? Regular 2017 GT350.

Thanks.

·
Registered
239 Posts
just bolted on - can be done on jack stands - the little clips will bust your knuckles - but overall easy - I have done it a few times - and have an extra R splitter with a ding in it that i will list soon

·
Registered
502 Posts
just bolted on - can be done on jack stands - the little clips will bust your knuckles - but overall easy - I have done it a few times - and have an extra R splitter with a ding in it that i will list soon

I’d be interested in the dinged R spoiler?

·
Registered
239 Posts
2018 - I have most of the screws, but they use the same as the standard GT350 - My Bodyshop guy said that a wedge and a heat gun would fix it up with little effort since it's off the car - $400 and I will cover shipping - I was going to add it to eBay this weekend with a GT350 Car Cover. I didn't see a 4X4 at the back of the garage and nosed it in that day - I always back in except that one day for a $1500 mistake

s6.jpg S3.jpg S2.jpg S1.jpg

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2018 - I have most of the screws, but they use the same as the standard GT350 - My Bodyshop guy said that a wedge and a heat gun would fix it up with little effort since it's off the car - $400 and I will cover shipping - I was going to add it to eBay this weekend with a GT350 Car Cover. I didn't see a 4X4 at the back of the garage and nosed it in that day - I always back in except that one day for a $1500 mistake

View attachment 11964 View attachment 11966 View attachment 11968 View attachment 11970

That poor splitter is BEAT!! Was that from daily driving or at a track?

I have a half inch hole on the bottom and I'm replacing lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pulled in the garage and hit a block of wood - 4X4 - no track - and compared to most that are damanged - this is light and repairable
If this car came with anything extra, I'd love a nose camera. My wife's Explorer Sport has one, not that it needs it. For the extra few ounces of weight, it would be handy for parking.

I managed to score a new regular splitter on Ebay for $250, so at least I have a spare. I'd be interested in learning how to clean these up. I have a few scuff, and a little split on the bottom.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a question if anyone has gotten involved with the splitter....

I just bought a gt350 as an "end of year new 2019 year blow out" but as a new car, they did NOT install the front splitter yet. It will be shipped to me from out of state on a car carrier.
That said, he said it is up to me if they instal the spitter or not.

Should I let the dealer do the work, or is there a risk to it having to go on/ off the car carrier getting hit (I assume that's why they are not pre-installed)?

I am not all that mechanically savvy, but if it's a bolt on, maybe anyone can do it (????)

thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a question if anyone has gotten involved with the splitter....

I just bought a gt350 as an "end of year new 2019 year blow out" but as a new car, they did NOT install the front splitter yet. It will be shipped to me from out of state on a car carrier.
That said, he said it is up to me if they instal the spitter or not.

Should I let the dealer do the work, or is there a risk to it having to go on/ off the car carrier getting hit (I assume that's why they are not pre-installed)?

I am not all that mechanically savvy, but if it's a bolt on, maybe anyone can do it (????)

thanks!

·
Registered
239 Posts
It's not too hard - the front snaps on and then there are 15-18 screws - the hardest part is pulling the inner fenders back and getting in the security clips - you will need it either up in the air on a lift, but in all reality, it should be installed to comply with Fords delivery protocol - so I would make the dealer install it or pay your local dealer to manage the cortesy delivery aspect of your purchase

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just got a leftover 19 and had it shipped w the splitter on. I confirmed with the shipper that they could handle a car with a 4" clearance up front. Everything was fine. Didn't want to deal w the hassle of scheduling an appointment to have it installed at the local dealer if it would fit on the transport w no issues.

I used to go through splitters pretty routinely on my GT3. So much so, I kept spares around. They were cheap though. Around $200 and it took about 10 mins to install.

How expensive is this piece of plastic on the 350R?

·
Registered
239 Posts
after doing a few for myself and a few for buddies it's not that hard but Ford should pay 100% for this at your closest dealer - they can run it as a Partial Courtesy Delivery and with less than an hour you shoulld be on your way :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts