GT350.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any options for replacing the stock 295/35 R19 front tires and the 305/35 R19 rear tires? I want to keep the stock wheels on that come on the regular 2020 Regular GT350. I do not want to go back with Sport Cup 2’s. The stock sizes (especially the front) are an odd ball size. I can find one size, either the front or rear but not both in the same manufacturer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You have 2 options currently on the market (at least in my area) - and I agree with your approach...

MICHELIN - PILOT SUPER SPORT
and

PIRELLI - P ZERO (PZ4)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. That’s what I was thinking. Wow, I wish there were more options. I wonder if a 305/35 R19 would work not only on the rear but front as well? Would it look ok with the wheels themselves being slightly different width? Would the front stick out more than the rear?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have looked into tires for my R. I will put Pilot Sport 4Ss in front. Same size. I probably still use Cup 2s on the back. 4S doesn't come in 315. Internet fitment guides say the 305 should fit on the rim, but I don't want to push it. I kinda like the Cup 2 "cheater slick."

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went with the Nitto wheel n tire set. The rears are 305’s but the fronts are 275’s. The size change on the fronts had me concerned so I called LMR and Ford Corporate. The LMR (Late Model Restoration) tech engineer called me back the same day and explained they run the size pattern on their Corporate GT350 R. They found the 275’s are more street able in regards to tramlining. They were right! I put my orig. Pilots in the box the Nitto’s came in. My OEM’s are protected and the Nittos are an inexpensive replacement. Curb rash is no longer a concern, I would highly recommend for my carbon wheel brothers n sisters!!! Save the good stuff for the track or those special drive days!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently purchased a 2020 gt350 new and love the car. I didn’t like the tramlining around the horrible Philly streets and plan to run my car year round. I just had a set of Khumo Ecsta PA51 285/35-19 put on (same size front and back) While I know that I am giving away a lot of grip and at limit handling I love the new tires. They’re quiet, launch well and handle road imperfections really well. Today it was raining and the car feels much safer. I’m not sure I will put the OEM tires back on when the warm weather returns. That being said I suspect I am not in the mainstream of folks driving gt350s. I doubt I will ever head to the track or any kind of competitive driving event. For those who want a more street-friendly ride the Khumos are a great option

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went with Michelin PS4Ss, 295/35-19 front and 325/30-19 rear. The diameter of the 325/30 is very close to the 305/35 original tires and they still fit the wheels. The PS4S is a little more "all season" than the Pilot Sport Cup 2s that come on the car. I have a 2nd set of wheels for track days.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm going to install Pirelli Sotto Zero tires all around with 295 section width. They are a winter tire, but I think that they will be much better in the rain also. I love the Cup 2's on my 2020, but they are not meant for use below 40 degrees. New tires and wheels for me.

For the original post reply: No, I would not put 305 on the front. Sooner, I would consider 275, but 295 is just right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys I live in western Pa. 50 miles north of Pittsburgh. Does anyone know where I can get my tires changed and road force balanced? I've been looking for a shop for about a month and no one wants to touch the carbon fiber rims.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Any problems with rubbing or other interference with the 325s on the rear? I've been considering the same option, but 20mm is more than I've ever stretched an OEM size before. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello everyone I just wanted to jump in on this. I have a 2019 GT350 I like the stock wheels and want to keep them. I live in upstate NY unfortunately and the roads like everything else in NY suck. I don't plan on going on the track but enjoy driving on the roads and the tramlineing is ridiculous. So with all that dose anyone know if I can put 285-35-19 on the front and 295-35-19 on the rear.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have looked into tires for my R. I will put Pilot Sport 4Ss in front. Same size. I probably still use Cup 2s on the back. 4S doesn't come in 315. Internet fitment guides say the 305 should fit on the rim, but I don't want to push it. I kinda like the Cup 2 "cheater slick."
Having different compound / construction tires front to rear will upset the handling in the car. Especially since the Cup 2' are basically streetable R compound tires that seldom come up to temp on the street.

As you know when the Cup 2's are cold the grip is less than ideal. So, you would have the regular street tires that has 90% of its grip right off the bat + the Cup 2's at about 20%, especially when it's less than 50 degrees out: That would make the car want to spin out.

Conversely, when the Cup 2's are warm they grip so much better than the others, it will make the car push in the corners as the fronts will give up much earlier then the rear..

Traction control should catch it but you'll end-up with an ill handling car which defeats the purpose of having a Shelby, especially the R

1 - 13 of 13 Posts