Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a low mile 2017 gt350r. I've driven low cars with big splitters on the street and it's an expensive proposition in my experience. I'd like to change it to the non r splitter and wonder if it's a bolt on or is the front end of the r different? Are the aftermarket splitters cheaper? I'm also considering changing the tires to more durable street (rain, etc) friendly tires and was wondering what everyone's running as street tires? Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
I track my tech pack with the Ford Racing lowering springs 8/10 of an inch lower and I run 325/30/19 on all four with no rubbing.

The Super Sports are horrible on the street as the follow the road SEVERELY. I replaced them with Cooper Zeon RS3-S and couldn’t be happier. They don’t follow the road and they hook better. They also have a 20,000 mile warranty.

Also, front splitter mount is the same. Let me know if you’d like to sell you R splitter. That’s my next mod.

Best!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Just be aware that the front splitter complements the rear spoiler on the R and non R cars. It is a matter of balance of down force. Keep that in mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts